LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 of 417
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving down an expressway near my house last night when i decided to have some fun...

my passenger had not gone fast in my GTO so i was playing around, flooring it up to about 90mph then shutting it down. so i'm going about 60mph from 90mph when all of sudden an accord zooms by then a grand prix. my friend and i laughed and let them get a couple car lengths then floored it and blew by them and shut it down again.

once we all got to the light everyone in their cars were looking at each other and laughing a yelling, "let's do it again!" - the light turns green and the accord and grand prix floor it. i let them get a couple car lengths the blow by them again. all in good fun. :pimp:

after a few lights of this a mustang shows up ahead of us and i figure it may be some competition, i pull up next to him and he downshifts and he starts swerving in and out of his lane (not on purpose) - i figured there's no point in trying to race this guy and him losing control and killing me and my friend so i turned off the expressway at the next light.

obviously the "kills" weren't serious, but everyone was having a good time and i haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Haha, it's all in fun. So who won between the Accord and the GP?

·
Unit Armorer/Recruiter
331 Posts
ShaneD_06GTO said:

yeah was it a GTP?

·
1 of 417
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
st8gunner said:
yeah was it a GTP?
nope.

ShaneD_06GTO said:
it was an older style grand prix (a '99 maybe) and a slight ricer-ish accord. (also a '90s car)

the accord would beat the GP off the line (slightly), but the GP would pull on the accord.

of course, i saw all of this from my rear view mirror. :gears:

·
CEO Afros Across America(AAA)
3,005 Posts
reminds me of when i race my friends benz compressor every wednesday. i let him get about 2-3 cars ahead and then blow past him.

now he ordered a cayman...wish i had that much money to play with. should take much to keep up with it though, he didnt get the turbo

·
I said I was quiet...not nice
473 Posts
There's not a turbo cayman (factory)....yet. ~300 hp in a lighter car...magazine racing-wise you should still beat him.

I love "for fun" races, nice write-up!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
They probably thought you had one fast Grand Am

1 - 8 of 8 Posts