LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Moderhatin'
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i know what your going to say. Killing a Mustang GT is no big deal. Well im here to tell you that it was a big deal to me. I am driving a pretty much bone stock 06 M6. The only mod i have is a LPE CAI. Well with that in mind here is the story.

I had just finished working out at the local Gym, when on my way home, i hear what i think is thunder. I start looking out my window for lightning when out of no where this blue Mustang GT pull up beside me. He starts to rev up, honk his horn, flash his lights, all the usual i want to race signals. The first thing that goes through my mind is that im not going to race this guy, my legs are like jello from running,and his car sounds like a freight train with rockets attached to it. To be honest i was a little intimidated by his machine. I thought for sure that he would feed me arse kick pie. I paid no mind to him and just keep driving. I guess this pissed him off so he drops behind me almost taking my bumper off and starts to flash his lights and lays into me with the horn. This was the moment where i said pluck it and waved him over. It was racing time. Now i have never been to the track, and i have only got on my car maybe 3 times. Needless to say that my racing skills are mild at best. Well today was a new day, this guy was asking for it, and i was going to do my best to give him a good look at the GTO under my rear bumper. He pulls up next to me, both of us watching for the green light. His car is so loud that he is shaking the change in my ash tray. I see the yellow light from the cross street in the corner of my eye and this the point where i realize that i had not hit the Traction control button. Like i said not that much experiance racing. I hurry to push it and as soon as i do the the light turns green. He hits it and gets the jump on me. I go through first and second with him in front of me. I drop it into third and i start catching him. Im like holy crap im gonna beat this guy. Around 90 mph i start pulling away. This is when the GT driver knew he was beat. I was so jacked up from my first kill that i called a buddy of mine and told him the story. The guy pulled up next to me rolled down the window, looked at the goat, and said. "Is that the 400 hp GTO?" I said "yea" Then he said "I definatly no match for that M-F'er, that thing killed me." He waved and drove off. I had this big grin on my face all the way home.

Just wanted to shair my first true kill with everyone. I am more proud than ever to own a GTO.

·
Registered
938 Posts
congrats on your first kill

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
Good kill....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice kill. Way to represent!

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
NICE!! What year GT? I'm also sure that WRP would prefer to know that you were MMOB!

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
John Doe whatever that little clip is its the wierdest shit I've ever seen and I love it

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
nice kill... dont be scaird of them.. Like i posted before, i raced a roush stage 3 stang and i was dead even with him untill about 90 and then he pulled on me. So if i stuck with that car (stock) then GTs are no prob..

good job.

·
Oh it's Friday night
5,658 Posts
Great Post and Kill !

·
Moderhatin'
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the previous body style. Maybe a 03 or 04. It had the big GT hood scoop and a shit load of ground effects. I was MMOB. But you can only push a man and his car so far.

·
Moderhatin'
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exhaust and Ram Air for sure, Drag Radials. Thats all could see. Sounded bad @$$ though. Could not hear a turbo or supercharger over exhaust. Could have had straight pipes. It had a bunch of stickers on the back window. i remember a JEGS sicker. Other than that im not really sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
mandkcasey said:
I tell this to people all the time. Loud does not equal fast!!

Agree 1000% !!!

This kill is the perfect example of why you shouldn't have all bark and no bite. With a loud exhaust you will only attract people that have cars that do have BITE! And you end up feeling stupid when you get walked.

Moral of the story: If your car is going to sound "bad-ass"(<--- this Mustang) it had better be "bad-ass". Or you're just another poser :bootyshak

NICE KILL! :judge:

:gears:

·
Registered
782 Posts
LilJit02 said:
nice kill... dont be scaird of them.. Like i posted before, i raced a roush stage 3 stang and i was dead even with him untill about 90 and then he pulled on me. So if i stuck with that car (stock) then GTs are no prob..

good job.
You stayed with a Stage 3? Wow...we saw one at the track on Mustang day recently, it clicked a 12.74. the Rousch s/c only supplies 4 psi of boost and they tack about 200lbs of wheels, spoilers and other items on that car.

·
Registered
467 Posts
GTO Thunder said:
It had a bunch of stickers on the back window. i remember a JEGS sicker. Other than that im not really sure.
Don't forget stickers are good for at least 5hp per sticker....lol

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Nice Kill "GTO THUNDER" !!!!!!! And a very good story too!!!! Did you get the "shaky leg syndrome"? I know I still get it after a good roasting, lol, lol.

ROK

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Beach Goat said:
John Doe whatever that little clip is its the wierdest shit I've ever seen and I love it

Fat kids hyped up on sugar, like farts......always funny.

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
eng943 said:
You stayed with a Stage 3? Wow...we saw one at the track on Mustang day recently, it clicked a 12.74. the Rousch s/c only supplies 4 psi of boost and they tack about 200lbs of wheels, spoilers and other items on that car.
i was dead even with him from a 5-7mph roll to about 80 with 2 passengers (him by himself). We raced again from 60mph and we stayed even till about 80ish then he started pulling a car. S/C kicks in nice at high speeds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts