LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a good run with a guy in a '91 NSX. His car was sweet. Black with black and silver rims. He invited me out to the freeway for a run. Why not? We line up at about 45, I drop into 2 and do the 3 honks. Oh my. I'm destroying him.:confused: A few seconds later he flashes his lites and I slow down with a huge lead. Turns out he missed a gear. We line up again. This time from 60-65. I let him get the hit, then go. I instantly pullback the jump and continue to pull him up to about 125. I have about 5-6 car lead and let off. We pull off and talk for a second. Turns out his car is a '91 with only 37,000 miles on it. He says it's stock with 260hp, although his exhaust tips were'nt. He said I was lucky he sold his Subaru for the NSX. I guess he had a modded WRX/STi? Anyway, he was cool and gave me compliments on the goat. It was a nice looking NSX. It'd be awesome if it had another 80-90 hp!:patriot:

No, I wasn't MMOB.

·
Eurotrash
707 Posts
The NSX is a great car in anything but a straight line. I'd buy one if they weren't so ridiculously overpriced, but I'd never try and put it in a drag race with a goat!

Great kill - see if he wants to go to Road Atlanta and try his mettle on a road course- you might be surprised to see how well your call will do there.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You definately should have kicked his butt. My dad almost bought an NSX back in the early 90s.

1991 NSX $65,310.00 new in 1990
252hp, 210 lb ft
0-60mph - 5.8 sec
1/4 mile 14.4 @ 99 mph (automatic)

In 1992 they bumped the HP to 270 with the same 210 ft lbs
0-60mph - 5.8
1/4 mile - 13.9 @ 102 mph (5 speed manual)

·
20,865 Posts
Yeah, in the early 90's, they had respectable performance (not for the price though) and were something different. Don't think they are really that impressive IMO, but there seems to be many folks who really like them. Some of them look OK and would think you could modify them somehow, even if they are a Honda :D

Good kill though and at least he was cool about it.

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
I have a friend that still has one of those. I've driven it a couple of times and they're great cars. Did they ever put power steering in them? The shifter was great and the car got lots of looks on the street. His is black on black also. Nice kill.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
A car that costs as much as a z06 if not more, and can't even come close to it in any category. Yea, I am not surprised you killed it. I destroyed one once in my SS.

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
raced one about a month ago. Its under the kill sections somewhere if you wanna check it out

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
good one. Ive recently taken one down in the last few months. :) I was suprised. Expected a lot more did'nt you? :) So did I.

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
My very first kill, just out of break-in, was an NSX with hot-ass g/f in the pax seat. Exhilirating !!! The look on the girl's face was priceless at the next stop.

But in time, you realize that clobbering an NSX with a Goat is like outrunning one of Jerry's Kids in a wheelchair. Now ... when Hodna cuts loose the upcoming V10 NSX, we might have a bit more of a fair contender.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rVOLT said:
good one. Ive recently taken one down in the last few months. :) I was suprised. Expected a lot more did'nt you? :) So did I.

Yeah, when he invited me to the highway, I thought he must have a surprise for me. :secret:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts