LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friday night at the races around here. Came up on about 6 ricers on the highway who are slowing down in the 3 left lanes to do a race. Alright, I'm game. I sneak up behind them and wait. From about 35-40 they hit it. I gun it and then...Whoa! They all let off. Dammitt, I almost ran over them. Now I go around them to the right because I don't want to be in back with cars approaching them. I slow and wait while they line up again. They all hit it and a couple of civic h'backs start pulling away from the crowd. I'm about 3 cars in front and hit it a second after they go. The 3 of us are screaming down open highway. By about 90 I'm pulling away pretty good and let off. Just to rub it in I hit my hazards as I slow down. Of course I get the fly-by from the 2 civics. Now the faster one slows and paces me. OK, he wants some more. I let him hit it at around 60-65 and then start pulling him. I let off around 110 with a 4-5 car lead and growing. Again I get the fly-by from him and the other civic who was a little behind him. The 1 civic was actually fairly fast. He would have beat my GTP I think. I'm sure they were turbo/motor swap blah, blah, blah. They still lost.:turbonaug

Almost forgot. I was not MMOB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,735 Posts
Good kills

But I bet they are bragging about how they beat you on the top end. That's what some kid that owns a turbo Civic said after he got beat by an 06 GTO.
The Guy in the GTO let off around 110mph and the Civic (which was about 5+ cars back) kept going. Later on, the owner of the GTO found out that the kid told all his friends that he caught the GTO around 110mph and just kept pulling away.

It even happened to me. I raced a riced out Honda Hatch back and I let off around 100mph because I had at least 8+ cars (it wasn't even close). The guy in the Honda kept going for about another mile down the road? After the race the guy came back to where we were parked and made some comment like "I thought that GTOs had a good top end."

So now I just rub it in whenever possible. If I'm on the highway and the road is clear, I will put as many cars as possible just to prove my point, especially if I'm racing a Honda or some riced out car.

But most ricers types love to race in traffic. In those cases I'll just let them go on by me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
i wonder if the bike forum tell these things to. i beat a bike today. not good with names, cause he can never get in fornt of me. i told him to hit it. he did but never stood a chance. iam sure it was no 900 or 1300. he had only one exhaust tip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
BLACK05GTO said:
But most ricers types love to race in traffic. In those cases I'll just let them go on by me.


This is so true. I had a young kid( 17-18 ) chase me down in a mall parking lot trying to get me to run him. When others are around I say, NO THANK YOU, especially in a mall parking lot. He was driving a Honda Accord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BLACK05GTO said:
Good kills

But I bet they are bragging about how they beat you on the top end. That's what some kid that owns a turbo Civic said after he got beat by an 06 GTO.
The Guy in the GTO let off around 110mph and the Civic (which was about 5+ cars back) kept going. Later on, the owner of the GTO found out that the kid told all his friends that he caught the GTO around 110mph and just kept pulling away.

It even happened to me. I raced a riced out Honda Hatch back and I let off around 100mph because I had at least 8+ cars (it wasn't even close). The guy in the Honda kept going for about another mile down the road? After the race the guy came back to where we were parked and made some comment like "I thought that GTOs had a good top end."

So now I just rub it in whenever possible. If I'm on the highway and the road is clear, I will put as many cars as possible just to prove my point, especially if I'm racing a Honda or some riced out car.

But most ricers types love to race in traffic. In those cases I'll just let them go on by me.
Yeah, what is it with the racing in traffic thing? First, someone could get seriously hurt. Second, with all those witnesses to see you, it's just a matter of time before they get a license number and call you in and a cop just happens to be close to the location. Third, you can't really race someone in traffic...it's just sooo stupid. I guess they'll have to learn the hard way.:judge:
 

·
Acta Non Verba
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
EEZGOAT said:
i wonder if the bike forum tell these things to. i beat a bike today. not good with names, cause he can never get in fornt of me. i told him to hit it. he did but never stood a chance. iam sure it was no 900 or 1300. he had only one exhaust tip
EEZ, no offense but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Any new 600cc sportbike will smoke any GTO and 99% of heavily modded GTO's from 0-60, the 1/8 mile the 1/4 mile the standing mile. A modded goat will start to catch up and eventually pull a 600 at about 140, but a 750 or 1000CC, or 1300 or 1400 will brutalize any GTO.

They don't make 900cc sportbikes anymore, Kawasaki did make the ZX9 and stopped in 01 I believe and THAT was a high 9's bike STOCK. The number of exhaust tips has no bearing on how fast/new/good a bike is, the majority of bikes have 1. Even a hayabusa, which is arguably the fastest bike, can come with 1 or 2 exhaust exits, most like to go 4 to 2 to 1 cuz it sounds narssty.
You may beat a rider cuz he let off just like our friend here in the GTO let off using common sense...death and destruction via highspeed is much more evident when you're on a bike instead of 4,000 lb box of iron.

THAT being said...GOOD KILL on the fast and furious wannabes.
 

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
I always tap my brakes lightly X3 so everyone knows I am out of it. Sorta kills the BS story later on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
man seriously ricers to me arnt ricers till they do something stupid and dangerous like dodge thru traffic and run lights and dumb ish like that...

back when i had my lt1 trans am a.k.a. "Bub Bub" (dont ask) I raced this integra with, probably, a 5 inch exhaust tip and all kinds of blue neon crap glowing on the dash. The guy looks over at me and then just goes, so i put the pedal to the floor(it was an a4) and then pull on him to about 2 lengths then shut it down cause of traffic ahead of us. He was in the slow lane and i was in the lane next to him by the way. When I say shut it down i mean I shut it down cause he just kept going and pulled onto the shoulder and kept flying down the freeway right around a giant semi, and dont see him after that. I just sigh and tell my two friends that i was with how stupid those ppl are.

The integra hung alright i was pretty suprised it probably had some kind of big mod i.e. motor swap turbo or little shot of nitrous or something

by the way at the time i had a 96 trans am with edlebrok shorties, cai, shift kit, cat back, and a pcm tune from jet performance

but ya save the racing for the long open roads...plzzzzz


oh and im suprised the honduhs didnt turn on their hazards after they "beat" you...they invented that cheap shit its customary with a fly by
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
EEZGOAT said:
i wonder if the bike forum tell these things to. i beat a bike today. not good with names, cause he can never get in fornt of me. i told him to hit it. he did but never stood a chance. iam sure it was no 900 or 1300. he had only one exhaust tip
:soapbox:
as a member at gixxer.com with over 17k posts, ill tell you we dont bother. our bikes stock 600cc run mid 10's the 1000's runs mid 9's with good riders.

i have a 750 ive walked vipers, 360 modena, fav was a sts-v 150mph spliting traffic neither would lift.

in a drag race the power to weigth ratio is in the bike there are very few cars that can walk a ike the most you will see are posts like wtf i got walked by a . . . .

last one i remeber seeing was someone raced a new z06 with a 600 and the z06 got him by a fender.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1a7f0fa9-a0ed-4097-b0a4-3f5c2d76f5f6.htm

this video says it all i know the guy riding hes good real good:gears: its stock motor
 

·
Acta Non Verba
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
wheelburns...+1 million!!!
I'm finally glad to see a sensible person whose knowledge about sportbikes goes beyond the typical "rice" comments.

I actually messed around with a Z06 on my F4i (power commander, full yosh exhaust, K&N intake, +2, -1, gearing, etc.) and yeah I got a jump on him but then he pulled up and stayed neck and neck with me to about 135 (i have speedo healer) and then he started to inch away and I shut down. He definately would have pulled me...especially w/ my gearing. BUT, in a 1/4 mile straight up...I think I could take an equally skilled driver on my bike. Just give me front straps.

A guy I work with has a zx10 w/ extended swingarm, exhaust, down 1 tooth up front and goes to the track w/ all the other gearheads at my place (union guys) and he was getting into the 8's with those mods...that's still a stock engine!!!

Oh yeah...he has one exhaust tip bahwahhwhaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
its all on rider when it comes to drag racing from a roll with a good rider a bike will walk 90% of street cars.

boston you have the most random gearing but its kool. did you see time slips for that zx-10? it sounds kinda far fetched for 8's but it is doable as the guy in the video is trappin at 155. but as i said that guy is a really really good rider. and also has a ton of other bikes that are stupidly fast.


im young but have a stupid amount of bike knowledge as i

wheelburns

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: on my way to claim dilly's right shoulder
Motorcycle: 03 7 1/2 blue and white
Posts: 17,484




thats off of gixxer.com lol i reseach before i buy lol where u located im out near worcester
 

·
Acta Non Verba
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Nah, didn't see time slips but I believe it his swingarm is mad long and he's making close to 200 hp...plus I believe he reversed his shift pattern. My gearing is -1 in front +2 in back...i think I typed it the other way around. Actually just got rid of the F4i: http://bostonworm.tripod.com/matts_pics/index.album?i=6&s=1

Have been on my friend's '04 red R6 all summer tho...i miss my HONDA! (he's in Kosovo :barf: )


I live in weymouth, been in the south shore my whole life. I actually had a roomate from northborough for a while, Mike Healey, know him?
 

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
Quote from ricer called out on the Mustang forum after claiming to beat
Cobras and Vipers on the highway with a modded Honda Si :
previous post : "So how do you explain beating cars that have 2 or 3x the power?
Ricer troll: "I out maneuvered them ,they couldnt hang.."

That pretty much gives you an idea the low level of brain power you are dealing with.. They believe that anything is ok in a race and that the race is never over , traffic is just something to race thru or around and if you let off you lose.
 

·
Acta Non Verba
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
now THAT is a moron statement
 

·
Negative DA's = SEG
Joined
·
312 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Quote from ricer called out on the Mustang forum after claiming to beat
Cobras and Vipers on the highway with a modded Honda Si :
previous post : "So how do you explain beating cars that have 2 or 3x the power?
Ricer troll: "I out maneuvered them ,they couldnt hang.."

That pretty much gives you an idea the low level of brain power you are dealing with.. They believe that anything is ok in a race and that the race is never over , traffic is just something to race thru or around and if you let off you lose.
I hate the Ricer Flyby.
 

·
Buckethead
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
They believe that anything is ok in a race and that the race is never over , traffic is just something to race thru or around and if you let off you lose.
The Fast and the Bi-Curious
 

·
Owns a KIA
Joined
·
6,389 Posts
BostonF4$ said:
Nah, didn't see time slips but I believe it his swingarm is mad long and he's making close to 200 hp...plus I believe he reversed his shift pattern. My gearing is -1 in front +2 in back...i think I typed it the other way around. Actually just got rid of the F4i: http://bostonworm.tripod.com/matts_pics/index.album?i=6&s=1

Have been on my friend's '04 red R6 all summer tho...i miss my HONDA! (he's in Kosovo :barf: )


I live in weymouth, been in the south shore my whole life. I actually had a roomate from northborough for a while, Mike Healey, know him?

I envy you for being allowed to have such dark tint!:patriot:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
EEZGOAT said:
i wonder if the bike forum tell these things to. i beat a bike today. not good with names, cause he can never get in fornt of me. i told him to hit it. he did but never stood a chance. iam sure it was no 900 or 1300. he had only one exhaust tip

Ive beat a 600 and a 750 i think it was, but got stomped by a 900 and sent back in time by a 1100. Hehe.
 

·
Silver street surfer
Joined
·
291 Posts
Ricers weave and dodge through traffic i think because they want to prove that their imports handle better than domestics. Either way it's STUPID!
 

·
Acta Non Verba
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
I have been pulled over for the tint but I have popo in the fam...it helps. I actually have 13% in front (what cop told me when he tested it) 10% in the rear side windows and 5% in the back window.

My advice: any time you get pulled over roll your window(s) down first thing. THe reason its illegal is cuz cops pullin you over and walkin up to your car can't see inside and whether you're pointin a shotty at em or what not. Unless they're a dick, and they were gonna nail ya for something anyhow, showing them that respect by rollin your windows down they'll usually let it slide.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top