LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help
Car wont start, all lights work when I put the key in but just wont turn the engine, so I have a cable running from the battery to starter solenoid to start it
Clutch postion sensor is bypassed by connecting the two wires so cant be that, ignition fuse under dash seems good
I'm not sure what else to check,

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had a fuse blow earlier this year that prevented mine from starting. And looking at the fuse label I didn't think it had anything to do with the ignition system

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wondering how you made out with your starting issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wondering how you made out with your starting issue?
Sorry been busy as hell at work since we bout to go on Holiday Block Leave..but Holy sh*t bro you were right, it was that Fuse, the 10 amp BTSI fuse, changed it out, started right up
Thanks a lot man!

·
Registered
518 Posts
No problem glad I could help. Glad that's all it was. When mine blew I couldn't find anything else wrong. Chalked it up to age.

·
Worthless reject member
37,190 Posts
the thing with fuses is that something makes it blow--that circuit feeds several unrelated components. cruise, mirrors, shiftlock (if you have an auto), stoplamp switch, and the cpp switch.

i had it blow once when i was changing the power window switch with the car running. not sure how that happened, thought for a moment the switch i replaced was bad, too...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I agree completely... But when you replace it and it hasn't blown again since it really makes you scratch your head. Especially when you do a 1000 mile road trip with it and everything works flawlessly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts