LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year we would like to crank up the Autocross participation to include more of the classic GTOs and the LS1/2 late models. The Autocross and drags are different days. Thursday is Drag Day and Friday is the Autocross. You can do both.

How many of the LS1/2 GTO community have a classic Goat, that you are bringing to the GTOAAs?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I have a '67 that I maybe bringing along with the 06. It has new suspension parts and a rear sway bar so I guess it could run the cross.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We would love to have your 67 in the autocross. I would also like to get a picture of your 67 next to my 04. Your 67 inspired my grilles.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Pete, I'm doing both as well. I can't wait to finally test out this Pedders parts as they were desined to.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,407 Posts
Im signed up for a little auto X...

Can't wait...
Morty

·
Omertà
5,284 Posts
Im signed up for a little auto X...

Can't wait...
Morty
Morty...it isn't a "who can hit the most cones" competition.

:wall:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That award might go to me if I bring the '67.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris you really have to come up for this -- seriously. I plan to mow down cones in my GTO and my G8! I'll trade 100 cones for one GREAT run and I can't drive!

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
I am in with my new red suspension.....

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes we will have classes:

Box Stock
Modified -- limited to 4 modifications including engine, exhaust, brakes and suspension
Unlimited

We should also be talking about safety. There are far too many accidents claiming lives, health and GTOs. One of the best ways to learn how to drive safely on public roads is to participate in autocross. Going too fast and wide over a couple of cones is no big deal. Going to fast into a rail...

Spread the word and maybe we can do more than have a good time. Maybe we can prevent a few accidents and make or community safer.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts