LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
We should show up. All those new GTO's in a parade into the center of all those classic ones. :D

·
BuckeyeGoats.com
1,943 Posts
I spoke to the host club president and he said they are talking to Pontiac about ideas. He wouldn't really say what they were planning but I expect to be a great show. I also have not heard whether or not the GOTAA will be creating a 04+ class? Will look into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
gtoaa nationals

Being a ex-member of the GTOAA, I would'nt bother with GTO nationals. Had numerous bad experiences. There are surely much better events to take our new GTO's to. Try the POCI nationals. This is an all Pontiac event. Much better.

·
BuckeyeGoats.com
1,943 Posts
Hold the farm here, I belonged to the club that put on the 03 Nationals and I must say it was a frickin' great EVENT! Problems with judging and a couple other minor things but it is THE premier event for the GTO crowd. Don't get me wrong POCI is great from what I hear but the GTOAA and even more so the host club know how to put on a great event.

The GTOAA seems to be leaving it up to the Woodward Tigers club to include / disclude the 04 from the event. My guess is that it will be included as a Popular Vote entry and hope that to be the case. I'll email the pres and see what his thoughts are and post them.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Hey, I say let the GTOAA not let us in.

All the more reason to start our own GTO group.

They complain that no young blood gets interested in their cars, but when the young blood comes in with their modern day interpretation of the car, they shun them.

CMNT's note: I know that this does not apply to all classic GTO owners. Many are cool and don't have a problem. But I think you know what I'm getting at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GTOAA NATS

Theres plenty of young blood that gets into first 11 GTOS! Problem is there is no event or club which gets our interest and/or our blood going. I am all for a new national GTO club that includes all GTOs. I own a '70 JUDGE, '701/2 TRANS AM, '69 GTO, and soon to come '04 GTO. The new GTO should only improve the GTO hobby. All these so called original GTO only enthusiasts are watching their GTOAA events and shows fade away. Participation and membership continues to drop off, not because of the GTO, but because of the inconsistanties of keeping the new generation of GTO owners(old GTOs and new GTOs) involved in the GTO hobby. The generation I am speaking of is those in their 20's and 30's. We are the future of this hobby and us and the new GTO need to be recognized. Look at the TRANS AM club. Old and new. Everyone is together and events are fun-filled.

·
BuckeyeGoats.com
1,943 Posts
I think it will be good for the GTOAA to include the 04 but I'm sure most GTOAA members will be outraged. I don't care either way, but at the 04 show, 40th anny for the GTO, you will see all sorts of 04's there! Hopefully one of those will be mine and maybe even Goathead above?!

Goathead, show, drags, burnout contest? What more are you looking for? Email the WoodwardTigers club and tell them. Also, I've heard they are closing the street down in front of the hotel for all sorts of tire smoke fun.:cool:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Being that Pontiac is 1/2 hour drive for me, it's quite possible that I might make a day or 2 of this event (assuming of course that the new goat is here by then :D). That all depends on what is offered, and how my wedding plans are going...

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
My buddy and I took his 1966 Martinque Gold GTO to the nationals in 1993 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. What a great time.

I wish I had been older(I was 20) and not as naive.

There was dragracing at IRP and we took a lap at IMS.

His car won Concours 1st place in the 66-67 Division. He should have won Best of Show or Best restored but he got screwed.

The GTOAA has gone way down since then and I am no longer a member.

POCI is a better club in my opinion.

·
Banned
504 Posts
I really hope the 04 is allowed at the GTOAA meet. If so I'll be heading to that. Another event we could make at very strong showing at is the Hot Rod Power Tour!!:cool:

·
BuckeyeGoats.com
1,943 Posts
DevilYellow said:
We can set something up for the nationals... we can be a part of the popular vote show. Do a 'tour' of woodward ave and then meet up a resturant.

What are the other national pontiac events for 2004?
I think POCI would be the only other "national" event but there are plenty of "all Pontiac" regional shows around the country.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts