LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to show you the pics of the cars at the show. There are tons of those floating around already. Take this thread for instance. Instead, I want to show you some of the things we saw on the road there and back. And a side trip, as well.

Here are shots of both Bill's (72/04 GTO) and Todd's (Baaa) car on the road in Mississippi.

Pretty soon, we were well off the beaten path.....and it showed...lol

One of the stops we made en-route to Nationals was the Corvette museum. I was so excited that I forgot to bring my camera! Oh well, here's all I have of that place. Sorry.

After we got to the Hotel at Louisville, Todd, Sandee(his wife), Michelle(my wife), and I made a day trip to Point Pleasant, West Virginia. Sandee was born and raised there, and since we were so close, we decided to go over so she could see her father and her good friend. Beautiful country.

The bridge from Point Pleasant to Gallapolis, Ohio....across the Ohio river.

Anyone ever see the movie The Mothman Prophecies? It was based on true events in Point Pleasant, WV....well, supposed true events at any rate. Here's a metal sculpture in downtown PP.

A country road in the middle of the TNT site. The site used to be a TNT manufacturing facility. It was so polluted, it was assigned to the "'Top 10 Superfund Cleanup' status and tagged one of the most polluted sites in the US." It has since been re-named the "McClinitic Wildlife Management Area." Read the link for more details.

Here's a pond in the same area.

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's a nice little town. Pomeroy, Ohio. Just across the river from West Virginia. We met Sandee's friend here for lunch. Lots of history, lots of nice old buildings.

Later, on the way back to Point Pleasant, we saw this old abandoned building, and decided to stop and check it out. To say it gave me the creeps would be an understatement. We found this later on the web: CLICK HERE to learn about the Lakin State Hospital
If I would have heard of "The Lobotomy Capitol of the East" beforehand, there's no way in hell I would have gone in there....lol. I was so creeped out I had to get the hell out of there. Todd, Sandee and Michelle have been giving me shit about that ever since..heh.

Todd's car was scared too. It hunkered down in the grass trying to hide.

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On our return trip, we made a couple of stops.

First was a stop at the Parkers Crossroads Battlefield, which was a site of a Civil war battle involving Nathan Bedford Forrest; one of the Civil War's most effective generals.

I took the oppurtunity to take a couple of shots of the cars as well.

And we also stopped in Jackson, Tennessee at the Casey Jones Museum.

Here's a replica of Ol' 382.

What a maze of plumbing...

Engineer Todd.

Inside the museum was a set of model trains

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And finally, a parting shot from the goofballs in the caravan

LOL...

That's all I have, ya'll. I hope you like the pics!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
awesome pics!

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LS2BlueGoat said:
Awesome Pics Man.... I think that hospital was on an episode of Ghost Hunters!!!
...no way.

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
Great Pics. Looks like a good time.

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
That was a good time! Thanks for the pictures Joe!

(Next time I'm going to the haunted hospital!):gr_jest:

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
HRJ said:
Nope. I didn't see anything..........
But did you hear one?!??! LOL

·
Waiting for GF4
2,942 Posts
HRJ said:
..ROFL

Im not sayin shit. :wall:

Don't worry your secret is safe with me anyway (Run Forest Run......) Now Todd.... your on your own there buddy.. Yeah I am alomost positive that I remember seeing this in an episode of ghost hunters, The reason I say that is because of the fact that it is the Labotomay captial and it looks real familiar.. I could be wrong though.......

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LS2BlueGoat said:
Don't worry your secret is safe with me anyway (Run Forest Run......)
Hehe......I have to admit, I haven't been that creeped out in a loooooong time.

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts