LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best possible combination for a photo shoot. Took these this weekend.

Perfect for my computer desktop/screensaver....

·
Is that FWD?
1,102 Posts
No car in this picture, but a great sunset from up north in Michigan last weekend.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
B-E-A- UTIFUL pics man. I especially like the one with the 5 palms. That AZ sunset is just awesome man!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I guess I will piggy back on this thread.....mine are from this weekend also

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
and some more

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
desertgoat said:
Best possible combination for a photo shoot. Took these this weekend.

Perfect for my computer desktop/screensaver....
Damn it's beautiful there DG. I'm jealous. The best scenery we have here are refineries. :barf:

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not that easy

Unfortunately, taking pics at sunset can be tricky. For one, you only have about 15-20 mins of absolutely perfect lighting for your subject, and if you miss this golden period, the picture does not turn out well.

You also have to position your subject correctly in relation to the setting sun, and if you stand in the wrong location, the shadow casted by yourself will show up really ugly in the picture.

Here are some more examples. I have to admit that I have no shortage of nice looking sceneries here in the desert.....Just bring a camera, take your car, wait for the magic 15 minutes, and click away......

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Do you guys ever have a bad day weatherwise? :D

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, actually.

CMNTMXR57 said:
Do you guys ever have a bad day weatherwise? :D
It's raining today.

They are projecting about 5 inches of rain.

That means the raindrops are 5 inches apart.

:gr_jest:

·
Chinese Democracy
99 Posts
HRJ said:
Damn it's beautiful there DG. I'm jealous. The best scenery we have here are refineries. :barf:
The airport in Pasadena has a little place off Spencer is a great place to take a sunset pic...expecially if there's a plane taking off...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
desertgoat said:
It's raining today.

They are projecting about 5 inches of rain.

That means the raindrops are 5 inches apart.

:gr_jest:
Smarta$$! :D

It's been gloomy, drizzly, cloudy and dark here for like a week and a half. :( I haven't had either toy out as such.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I will piggyback this thread as well. This set was done in the same locale as Dbluegoat. I just missed getting the sun in it, but still have the nice horizon colors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
iamdeman-
where in FL are you?

DBlue-
You mentioned Tarpon Springs in another thread...this wouldn't be Fred Howard Park in Tarpon...would it???

Hope to get some pics soon!!!! Gotta get it first I guess :sneaky:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lonna said:
iamdeman-
where in FL are you?

DBlue-
You mentioned Tarpon Springs in another thread...this wouldn't be Fred Howard Park in Tarpon...would it???

Hope to get some pics soon!!!! Gotta get it first I guess :sneaky:
I am from Port Richey. Yes this is Fred Howard Park that both me and DBluegoat were at. Great place for sunset pics. Get that goat and get the pics up :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts