LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350goodreasons and I got together last Saturday for an informal get-together. Turns out we have a lot in common beside the GTO. After chatting for about two hours, we took some pictures and headed home.

Anway, here are a few pictures from the first ever gathering of the "2004 GTO Phantom Black with Manual Transmission Owned by Married Men With Two Kids Who Live in Sunnvyale Club". Well, at least that's the name until we meet up with some more folks. ;)

My GTO is the one facing the tree - red interior. 350goodreasons's GTO is the other one, with the black interior. (What do you mean, "I can't see"? ;) )
 

·
Knight Errant
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Twins

Twins! You guys get a two-fer deal? :sneaky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I am in the Monterey Area. I currently have a Vette and Avalanche but new family members (I knew what I was doing but what the heck was I thinking) are forcing me to sell. I at least negotiated a GTO with the S/O so as much as I am going to miss my Vette, at least I will still be in the LS1 family. I plan to get the GTO and eventually pay it off and get a new C6 when they work the kinks out. Anywho, wanted to intoduce myself and would mind meeting up with you guys sometime to talk shop. I am looking at a silver 6-speed by the way. Do you think my Vette cover will work on the GTO. Anything else I should know before I leap. I know the 05 are going to have the LS2 and all but figure prices will be ridiculous. Have seen what Cali dealers are marking the new Vettes up to. It has been report up to $30,000 over MSRP and someone with money will buy it. Okay, enough, gotta go GTO shopping.

Out,

Jim Kay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
What's up? I live in Sunnyvale too! (work here as well). While I'm not a Goat owner yet I'm close. My wife and I are buying a house in Pheonix that will be done in January (she's there now for her work).

Anyway I have yet to see a GTO around here lately so I'll keep an eye out. As soon as we close on the house I think the GTO is my next car. (probablly the '05 model, grey with the scoops).

BTW all the local pontiac dealers here (per GMBuypower) only have auto's. Know of any black M6's in the bay area where they're offering a good deal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jim, Alex -

I haven't checked this site in a while (busy...) and happened to come across your posts today by coincidence.

If you're interested in getting together with 350goodreasons and I, let me know. The best way to reach me is via email: rileyh "at" pobox "dot" com (darn HTML spam robots!).

Also, don't know if you're interested, but I'm a member of West Coast Pontiacs, a group of Pontiac enthusiasts who get together once a month for BBQs, track days, mod days, whatever. This is a family-friendly group of folks who share a passion for cars. We are getting a group of folks together for the Good Guys show in Pleasanton in November -- check out our web site at http://www.westcoastpontiacs.com.

Take care,
Riley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Riley,

Well, good fortune found me in the financial area and for the time being, the Vette gets to stay. I am still negotiating for a GTO though (remind me why I actually need permission from my wife to spend MY money). If you wouldn't mind a Vette owner hanging out with you guys, I certainly wouldn't mind checking it out. Same engines, right!? I am huge fan of the GTO. I will check out the west pontiac website and thanks for the input.

Jim K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Jim, where do you live in Monterey?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Silicon Valley Goat said:
Jim, Alex -

I haven't checked this site in a while (busy...) and happened to come across your posts today by coincidence.

If you're interested in getting together with 350goodreasons and I, let me know. The best way to reach me is via email: rileyh "at" pobox "dot" com (darn HTML spam robots!).

Also, don't know if you're interested, but I'm a member of West Coast Pontiacs, a group of Pontiac enthusiasts who get together once a month for BBQs, track days, mod days, whatever. This is a friendly, family-oriented group of folks who share a passion for cars. We are getting a group of folks together for the Good Guys show in Pleasanton in November -- check out our web site at http://www.westcoastpontiacs.com.

Take care,
Riley
Hi Riley, I'd be interested in going to Pleasanton with you guys in Nov. I live in San Jose and work in Los Gatos. I have a blue GTO (just to provide some color contrast!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I'm in Aptos.
 

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
Live in Los Gatos and work in sunnyvale. Was looking for a GTO club around here. Have only seen 2 on the road so far other than mine. 1 near Moffet and the other in L.G. Any info. on clubs please let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I've seen none around here but just drive PCH to Monterey every day. It would be fun to get the area GTO owners together. The only problem with me starting a club is I'm so darn busy right now. Self-employed and have young children.
 

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
If we can get a group of people to let us know , in this area, that they are interested I will help out on that. I too have a busy schedule, but will make time for that. Could be fun.
 

·
ya im french what of it !
Joined
·
800 Posts
Silicon Valley Goat said:
350goodreasons and I got together last Saturday for an informal get-together. Turns out we have a lot in common beside the GTO. After chatting for about two hours, we took some pictures and headed home.

Anway, here are a few pictures from the first ever gathering of the "2004 GTO Phantom Black with Manual Transmission Owned by Married Men With Two Kids Who Live in Sunnvyale Club". Well, at least that's the name until we meet up with some more folks. ;)

My GTO is the one facing the tree - red interior. 350goodreasons's GTO is the other one, with the black interior. (What do you mean, "I can't see"? ;) )

i live in walnut creek and have a buddie who lives block away we both have GTO's and would like to hook up with some of you guys.....
 

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
I think next month good guys are having a show again in Pleasanton. We ought to all try and hook up at that and go from there. I can try and dig up the exact date if it sounds good to anyone.
 

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
Joined
·
4,088 Posts
If it doesn't rain like it usually does on the last show for November, myself as well as a few others will be making the jont down from the North Bay. Where is everyone planning on meeting? Where is everyone going to plan on parking once inside, in case some of us don't meet up?

Oh, by the way, the show will be on the weekend of Nov 13 and 14. One day always gets rained out. Hope it is a dry year this go around.
 

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
If it doesn't rain like it usually does on the last show for November, myself as well as a few others will be making the jont down from the North Bay. Where is everyone planning on meeting? Where is everyone going to plan on parking once inside, in case some of us don't meet up?

Oh, by the way, the show will be on the weekend of Nov 13 and 14. One day always gets rained out. Hope it is a dry year this go around.
I have never been to the Good Guys show in Pleasanton. I know how to get there, but have no clue where we could meet. Make a suggestion and I will be there. Drop me a PM if you are really interested.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top