LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired of taking the time to head out to the track, and only getting in 3 or 4 passes because of crowds? Well we have the solution:

MFBA Presents...

MAYHEM IN MOROCCO VII

Saturday, October 7
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
US41 Dragway - Morocco, IN

OUR ANNUAL DRAG RACING CLASSIC!

Gates open at 8:00am

Car + Driver: Non-Members: $40 / Paid MFBA Members: FREE!
Spectators: Non-Members $5 / Members: FREE!

The day's schedule:
Test & Tune 9:00am - 12:30pm
1st round of the Shootout at 1:00pm

Shootout categories will be determined later, but typically consist of TopGun, Power adder, allmotor, street tire, and bracket racing. We'll also be running clocks off for those that request it. There will be ample time to keep running throughout the day for T&T as well. We typically have 50-100 cars out at the track, so you shouldn't have to worry about long staging lanes. Plus, most people typically get their best run of the year at the end of the season during the cool weather.

There will likely be a caravan leaving that morning for those that aren't familiar with getting to the track. It's about a 90 minute drive from the burbs.

Hope a few of you can make it out! :)

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any times on the GTO with the headers, so I'll probably bring it. :)

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best with the GTO stock was 13.9 @ 101 mph while wheel hopping in 1st, and pedaling it in 2nd (cold track). Figure it should be good for low to mid 13's @ 105ish as is now.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Track Rental

Dan,

I heard that you guys invited the CMC guys, is that still valid? How much would it cost a non-MFBA member?

Larry

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Larry,

We tried to setup a friendly challenge for CMC (ChicagolandMustangClub) vs MFBA back in April or May at Cordova, but it got rained out. So we invited them to come out again in October for anyone who is interested. Mutual respect is a good thing. :) Plus, who wouldn't want to watch a bunch of Mustangs and Camaros and TransAms and GTO's going at it all day long? :cool:
Dan00Hawk said:
Car + Driver: Non-Members: $40 / Paid MFBA Members: FREE!
Spectators: Non-Members $5 / Members: FREE!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Dan00Hawk said:
Hey Larry,

We tried to setup a friendly challenge for CMC (ChicagolandMustangClub) vs MFBA back in April or May at Cordova, but it got rained out. So we invited them to come out again in October for anyone who is interested. Mutual respect is a good thing. :) Plus, who wouldn't want to watch a bunch of Mustangs and Camaros and TransAms and GTO's going at it all day long? :cool:
Agreed!

The CMC Club isn't really a group of hard-core drag racers, since only a core group of us regularly drag-race. There were a group of us talking about coming down, but I doubt they'll be enough of us to run any sort of "challenge".

Not to change the subject (and I'm not sure who here organizes Chicago Area Events), but a few of us have kicked around the idea of a local GTO/Cobra Challenge at Byron (along the lines of the CMC/SRT Event they hold for us). 04-06 GTOs vs. 03-04 Cobras. I imagine Byron would be happy to reserve a few lanes for us. If the idea is of interest to anybody, we could pursue it further with the proper member(s) here.

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MFBA only has a small group of dedicated 1/4 milers also, but we routinely get a good group out for our track rentals. "Challenge" is used loosely, being that it's an informal gathering of cars that make for good competition. :)

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
I might have to do this. I would like to fine tune my strip technique at a private session rather than learning at a public madhouse

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
additional fee for the shootout???

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No additional fee planned for the shootout at this point. However, if the participants wanted to all throw in $5 towards the winner, we could arrange that...

·
3X HIN Hottest Modern Muscle
1,028 Posts
well so far....i plan on going, i took off that firday night before so i can leave in the moring, usually work till 7am.......sounds like it will be a fun time......

·
3X HIN Hottest Modern Muscle
1,028 Posts
Any one else going and want to ride down together? I plan on leavign at about 6:30 from here in romeoville and go south to Joliet and get on i-80 east.

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I'm probably not going down until a bit later in the morning. Although the early guys will be rewarded with better times by getting there when the gates open at 8:00, letting their cars cool down for an hour, and starting racing at 9:00 in the cooler morning air...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts