LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
'Wheeling -my other addiction
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up to help vent the engine bay. I'm on the fence about actually cutting the hood for them. I haven't even pulled the hood insulation to see if there's any bracing in the way, but this is where I think they look best. What do you think? Too busy for the '05 hood? Of course, if I installed them, they'd be painted PBM. My other option is to install them on the '04 hood I have to help get it sold.

Also, these vents are made of the same plastic as the bumpers are which means I'm gonna have to have them painted with flex agent added to the paint - is that something that I could get mixed at an auto paint store or would I have to mix it myself just before spraying them?

·
Porch Dick
20,345 Posts
Mixed feelings when I look at the 1st and 3rd pics, but I think the 2nd pic makes a strong case for getting them installed. I think they would look pretty good if you get it done just right. I don't think they would look as good on an '04 hood, but the thing I like best about that hood is the fact that it is sleek and unassuming.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
If you got those suckers almost smooth to the hood and obviously paint them to match... I think it would look HOT!

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
It would look much better if they were on top of the scoops. Isn't there a race car with louvres on the scoops?

·
302 6.0 LS2
261 Posts
i was thinking of something similair, but vents from the older camaros(80's i think)and put them on or next to the scoops

·
Outlaw Rebel
2,818 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
If you got those suckers almost smooth to the hood and obviously paint them to match... I think it would look HOT!
ditto

·
'Wheeling -my other addiction
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew I'd seen other venting options...... I believe this is Mutha's car? I'm not crazy about the vents on the sides, but the vents behind the scoop bulges are pretty cool.

·
Registered
901 Posts
GT086 said:
It would look much better if they were on top of the scoops. Isn't there a race car with louvres on the scoops?
This one:

^^^^ Good idea, but doesn't look as good as I imagined it would be.

Attachments

·
Never Forget
4,760 Posts
yea ^^

that'd look cool if you built em into the scoops

·
Omertà
5,305 Posts
Didn't wrp put similiar vents on his goat? :confused:

·
Chillin'
337 Posts
I think it's got potential.

·
Oh it's Friday night
5,658 Posts
I like the look allot !!!

·
In Tune and On Time.....
1,538 Posts
I had a set like that on my audi.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
I like it, looking forward to seeing some finished pics.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts