LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out the GTO for an extended drive this morning. I have to admit, the GOAT feels so much more connected to the road then the 5.0. I know the GTO has so much more suspension work done sway bars coil overs rear spring and shocks but man it’s just a real joy to drive this car. I sat in just taking it in. These cars when done correctly are definitely a dream.

·
Administrator
11,666 Posts
Less refined and more mechanical will give you that feeling. I love my current GTO for what it is, but for pure performance and handling, I'll take one of my Dodge's over the GTO.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Less refined and more mechanical will give you that feeling. I love my current GTO for what it is, but for pure performance and handling, I'll take one of my Dodge's over the GTO.
Once the 5.0 is done I’m sure that it will feel good also. It just felt so damn good. I’m gonna set up the car for corner carving. I like that a lot more. Plus this is where I like to drive. Mt Lemon in Tucson
Ecoregion Map World Atlas Font

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Then there’s Ariavaca road with all its elevation changes off canter turns and blind turns. It’s about 10 min from my house. I used to run this with the Vette all the time. No cops but u do have to watch out for critters and cattle. More cars have met their demise here then anywhere else. A buddy destroyed his viper about 14 years ago on this road.

Edit: I low sided my R1 back in the day on this road. Plenty of road rash and a broken thumb. And had to ride back home 😂
Map Slope Water Rectangle Land lot

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get there around 5:30-6A in the summer time and it’s already nice and warm. On a set of Toyo r888rs oh m geee. Did that run on many of occasions. But I have to set the car up the mustang for it. Want to do one hard run with the GTO after the new clutch too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts