LS1GTO.com Forums banner

901 - 920 of 965 Posts

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,312 Posts
I’ve been a gun owner in three states and never registered a single one. None of them require it.

I don’t think any class should be required to carry a gun. The laws are out there for anyone to read. Questions can be directed to local law enforcement and they will answer them.

That said, I think firearm safety and basic marksmanship should be a mandatory class in high school.
It's constitutional carry there. He's describing an enhanced CCW that takes some of the restrictions off of it (i.e., carrying in a school, government building, etc).

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
our state doesnt list any gun that you trained and or qualified with, so in essence you could ccw a AR pistol if you wanted. the open carry thing isnt an interest of mine for 2 reason......first most of the people who do that shit are usually the same mouth breathers who go to open carry rallies with an AR or AK slung across their chest with every piece of tacticool shit they can hang off of it.......and secondly why should i give up my tactical advantage of showing i have a gun? i like it to be an unknown
the constitutional carry is fine with me for the most part but the big issue for me is the lack of training or qualification........you can carry if you want but i still think they should make them go through a basic marksmanship test and make sure they know the consequences of what happens if you do shoot someone and the laws that do apply to the carrying of a deadly weapon
I agree... and I don't carry, but I don't have some sort of need for a warm and fuzzy "BAN TEH GUZ!" thing either. :dunno:

·
a dysgenic effect participant
385 Posts
I walk out to my truck every morning with an open carry pistol sticking out of my back pocket. I don't need a tactical advantage over coyotes and rabid squirrels at 5am.

·
2010 Camaro SS Owner
408 Posts
So serious question. Since Bernie -and others- seem to think that the RIGHT to vote is SO important that it’s not even a question that everyone should be able to vote once their criminal sentence is complete (and/or insanely while they are serving it), doesn’t that mean they HAVE TO support restoration of firearms rights as well? Why is one RIGHT any more important than another? Ok- an exception for violent crimes- but everyone else should automatically get that RIGHT back, right? IMO you’re a hypocrite if you support one and not the other.

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
That they don't have a clear answer for whether or not the Boston Marathon Bomber should be able to cast a vote from behind bars says plenty about where their collective heads are at.

Joe Biden is now the "moderate" option from the left. Of course, the Dems are digging in to him right now.

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
I like how this idea was foisted by "conservatives" here a short time ago, but now because Crazy Uncle Bern has tossed it out into public, it's somehow turrible.

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
I guess so? My whataboutism decoder ring is still in the mail.

If Dubya, Romney, Ryan, McCain, or some other dingus GOPer was waffling on Timothy McVeigh's voting rights, then it was equally as ridiculous.

The reference is pretty vague, though, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

·
2,312 Posts
I like how this idea was foisted by "conservatives" here a short time ago, but now because Crazy Uncle Bern has tossed it out into public, it's somehow turrible.
I think I'm the foister you're referring to. I still stand by the fact that I don't think that any rights should be stripped simply for having committed a felony. To quote Carlin, 'Rights aren't Rights if someone can take 'em away'. You shouldn't be able to vote while in prison for the simple fact that you're in prison. Once you're out, vote away.

·
Suffering Fools
15,279 Posts
To quote Carlin, 'Rights aren't Rights if someone can take 'em away'.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness can all be taken away if you're in prison for the right crime.

·
2010 Camaro SS Owner
408 Posts
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness can all be taken away if you're in prison for the right crime.
None are Constitutionally protected rights- wrong document. See Declaration of Independence. It was George Carlin who correctly said (something like) “A right that can be taken away isn’t a right.”- and he’s right IMO.

·
Suffering Fools
15,279 Posts
They don't have to be constitutionally protected. They were endowed by our creator.

·
Registered Offender
34,228 Posts
on another note i was at the NRA show in indy yesterday, you would be hard pressed to find more polite and friendly people anywhere else

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
So serious question. Since Bernie -and others- seem to think that the RIGHT to vote is SO important that it’s not even a question that everyone should be able to vote once their criminal sentence is complete (and/or insanely while they are serving it), doesn’t that mean they HAVE TO support restoration of firearms rights as well? Why is one RIGHT any more important than another? Ok- an exception for violent crimes- but everyone else should automatically get that RIGHT back, right? IMO you’re a hypocrite if you support one and not the other.
I guess so? My whataboutism decoder ring is still in the mail.

If Dubya, Romney, Ryan, McCain, or some other dingus GOPer was waffling on Timothy McVeigh's voting rights, then it was equally as ridiculous.

The reference is pretty vague, though, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I think I'm the foister you're referring to. I still stand by the fact that I don't think that any rights should be stripped simply for having committed a felony. To quote Carlin, 'Rights aren't Rights if someone can take 'em away'. You shouldn't be able to vote while in prison for the simple fact that you're in prison. Once you're out, vote away.

Yes, they must be constitutionally protected. Endowed by our creator means nothing when the government reserves the right to take it away. Since they aren't constitutionally protected, they don't exist - period.
Feel the BERN!

Please amuse me for a sec, and evaluate your position on the death penalty.

Our politicians can’t even decide at what age we get these rights. Are we adults at 18 or 21?
ohaithur! I can has your newsletter?

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,738 Posts
pragmatically I'm for the death penalty but that's probably a long conversation.

Yeah I have a hard time with the idea that a person that got into jail for felonious reasons comes out some time later and can't vote after the fact. In prision - sucks to suck I'll be there too too I suspect.

Gun ownership - hmm I mean if you commit a gun crime that put you in jail - and by that I mean killed or harmed someone with a firearm - while not in defense of yourself - then I could see where that right is to be removed because of your previous history. Makes it grey I know. I might could be swayed. The guy that gets jail time for carrying in a non carry area, but doesn't actually hurt anyone with the gun. He's fine in my book. The guy that held up a liquor store and clipped a customer is not.

·
2,312 Posts
Please amuse me for a sec, and evaluate your position on the death penalty.
I'm unaware of a constitutional protection to life, so I'm on board with the federal government permitting it (not legislating against it) and individual states offing their criminals or not. A humane death under certain criteria would not constitute cruel or unusual punishment.

Generally speaking, I'm ambivalent on the Death Penalty. It's clearly not a deterrent to crime, and costs a shitload of money so I'd be okay with getting rid of it OR making it much more expeditious so that it actually serves a deterrent purpose.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,738 Posts
Might be another good thread.

while not directed at me I sort of agree above. I'm perfectly fine with a death penalty such as to get some criminals out of the system costing money. I don't think it's expensive to make them fertilizer. There are some people that aren't going to be rehabilitated by being in jail, or are fully unremorseful. so off they go.

Is it constitutional for the government to take a life then it's just as unconstitutional for the government to start a war, sorry skirmish, sorry whatever the smurf we called the isll thing.

901 - 920 of 965 Posts