LS1GTO.com Forums banner

941 - 960 of 965 Posts

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
Covered that on the last page, we don't have a 'right' to life. Declaration of Independence need not apply.

Not a felon, just a felons rights activist slight 2A nut.
So in your opinion, government can eliminate a citizen (effectively terminating all of his/her rights), but not censure or limit individual rights?

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,312 Posts
In a sense, yes. I realize that it sounds obtuse, but I think there's a nuance to it.

Why is it only the right to vote and bear arms that are up for censure? Why not 1 or 4-8? Felons are felons for a reason, and suspending those would make it much much easier to catch them upon commission of another crime thereby protecting the public from further misdeeds.

I'm just saying that if a person has 'paid their debt' to society, then we should reinstate their rights*. I'd also be on board that if you're a violent mothersmurfer, I don't think it would be a stretch that their probation period should continue for the rest of their life, which makes for a tidy resolution to this issue of semantics.

*note, Bernie and his ilk that think people like the Boston Bomber should be allowed to vote WHILE INCARCERATED can suck my dick.

·
Slow Goat
250 Posts
In a lot of states after 5 years of completing probation or jail time you can get a 1 felony expunged or set aside. As long as you've been a good boy and haven't committed any more crimes. It has to meet specific criteria, nothing sexual, domestic violence, DUI, punishable by life ect. After this is met and the judges grants it to you, your federal gun rights are restored as is your right to vote.

·
Dick Ross
7,241 Posts
Everything going on right now should end this debate

Reactions: drowssap

·
Fake bacon lover
11,254 Posts
I was at Academy yesterday. Looking for some BBQ supply stuff. Passed through the gun area as I usually do for shits and giggles. No desire to buy anything, except maybe some more splatter targets.

Holly Shit... gone. Huge run on ammo and guns.

So, that said, awesome. "Maybe" ??? August will be the window to order ammo without paying stupid prices? Because we can all see the writing come November if team Blue wins.

BTW, no. I understand I'm in the minority of thinking that Team Blue really won't really be able come in at night and take all my guns. I'm not here to convince you guys of that. (Oh yes, plenty of Team Blue would like to do so... but that's just not a real possibility, my opinion FWIW). But more purchasing restrictions? Absolutely. Bans on some guns/type? Good possibility. However, the hording of Ammo will for sure go absolutely bonkers.

EDIT: honestly, it won't surprise me if some ammo never comes back to 'normal' unless Team Red wins :(

Up shot - man am I glad I bought 5,000 rds of .22 like a year ago for 10/22 target shooting. I also have plenty of 5.56 and rarely shoot it honestly. But my 9mm & 45 supplies won't last. boo.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My worry, should the blues win, is an AWB that regulates them like full-auto. Current owners may keep them, but no new civilian purchases of “assault” weapons. Basically, anything semi-auto is now NFA.

The other thing I’m worried about is that the blues will make it illegal to manufacture your own gun. No more build kits, 80%, 3D print, mill, etc.

·
Fake bacon lover
11,254 Posts
You'd have to flip Congress to get that to pass any regulator AWB. And I don't see that happening this election cycle. Not yet.

flame suit on

I don't really have an issue making home firearm manufacturing illegal ?? You already have to have a license to make some "parts" - or whatever ATF deem's a gun or wherever. Loopholes are just goofy. I guess that means not able to buy a lower and hand build your own AR from parts. Yeah, ok. Sorry. Like you say I already can't build an M60 or a Tommygun. Anyhoo...

Not trying to get into the actual gun debate. Its a useless discussion IMO.

I'm wondering about buying 9mm ammo again so I can make holes in paper plates at the range when ever I like :)

·
Dick Ross
7,241 Posts
flame suit on

I don't really haven an issue making home firearm manufacturing illegal ?? You already have to have a license to make some "parts" - or whatever ATF deem's a gun or wherever. Loopholes are just goofy. I guess that means not able to buy a lower and hand build your own AR from parts. Yeah, ok. Sorry. Like you say I already can't build an M60 or a Tommygun. Anyhoo...
No, just no

Reactions: drowssap

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
As long as the firearm or component you make isn’t regulated by the NFA, you don’t need any license to make it. You only need licenses (there’s a lot) if you intend on selling it. At the federal level, there is nothing illegal about me making my own AR-15 from scratch.

Historically, the party that wins the Whitehouse also takes the Senate. Since the House is already controlled by the blues... yeah, I’m not confident there.

·
Suffering Fools
15,279 Posts
941 - 960 of 965 Posts