LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After checking my antifreeze I noticed a bunch of gunk that looked like muddy shredded cardboard on the dip stick. Someone told me that this could be a bad seal where oil is being pushed into the antifreeze. It also seem to me that the car didn’t have as much power as when I first got it but, this could all be in my head. My 05 only has 3500 miles so, I decide to let the dealer have a look.
The dealer claimed this was just some assembly grease or sealant gunk from the factory. And of course it’s nothing to worry about because the computer doesn’t show any codes and the mechanic drove it and says it’s fine but, I’m not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from that explanation. Anyone have a similar problem or any thoughts on this issue?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Red05M6 said:
After checking my antifreeze I noticed a bunch of gunk that looked like muddy shredded cardboard on the dip stick. Someone told me that this could be a bad seal where oil is being pushed into the antifreeze. It also seem to me that the car didn’t have as much power as when I first got it but, this could all be in my head. My 05 only has 3500 miles so, I decide to let the dealer have a look.
The dealer claimed this was just some assembly grease or sealant gunk from the factory. And of course it’s nothing to worry about because the computer doesn’t show any codes and the mechanic drove it and says it’s fine but, I’m not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from that explanation. Anyone have a similar problem or any thoughts on this issue?
Do a search. Been covered plenty of times....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts