LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my track wheels so that they wouldn't show brake dust throughout the day. They came out really good and everybody said that they looked badass. I've never been a fan of black wheels but the gunmetal gray looks cool with CGM and tinted windows. I haven't had a chance to put my street pads and wheels back on yet, so I'll get some pictures of the car cleaned up sometime this week.

What do you guys think?

·
99% Stock
4,968 Posts
They look dirty

·
Needs Directions
3,260 Posts
looks great! What color code did you use?

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
Scooter70 said:
I painted my track wheels so that they wouldn't show brake dust throughout the day. They came out really good and everybody said that they looked badass. I've never been a fan of black wheels but the gunmetal gray looks cool with CGM and tinted windows. I haven't had a chance to put my street pads and wheels back on yet, so I'll get some pictures of the car cleaned up sometime this week.

What do you guys think?

I also have a CGM but with the stock 18's. I am not a fan of the 17's to begin with, but these turned out decent. What I really am hoping for are a good set of shadow chrome wheels like the BMW m5 and m6 have for my CGM. I think yours are a bit too dark, and need some more specularity to shine through.

Here is a link of the finish I like, but not the wheel design...:barf:

http://www.chromewheels.com.au/pic/stalker/JO9I0078.jpg

Just my thoughts, but Thanks for posting the pic. I am sure it helps those like me with a CGM to see what a darker painted wheel would look like. :)

Macro

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
They're not powdercoated, just painted with Dupli-color wheel paint from your favorite local auto parts store with a few coats of clear over it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think it looks really good.

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DiamondJoeQuimby said:
Just an opinion...not a fan...looks like 200,000 miles worth of brake dust.
Thanks for the observation. That was exactly the point of painting them that color. They are my track wheels. Ever seen a set of wheels after a day of 125-40mph stops at a road course? They look just like that. Now they'll look the same at 4pm as they did at 8am. :)

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Scooter70 said:
Thanks for the observation. That was exactly the point of painting them that color. They are my track wheels. Ever seen a set of wheels after a day of 125-40mph stops at a road course? They look just like that. Now they'll look the same at 4pm as they did at 8am. :)
;) you sure thats not just an excuse?? we won't tell. i promise. :secret:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts