LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a silly question... did you guys feel a lost in power from before and after the tune... i mean, i know you have to retard the timing and get different plug..and get a tune with the n20 running right? or am i wrong? well anyways, do you lose power after the tune when just running the car without the n20 ?

brimm

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
Brimm said:
here is a silly question... did you guys feel a lost in power from before and after the tune... i mean, i know you have to retard the timing and get different plug..and get a tune with the n20 running right? or am i wrong? well anyways, do you lose power after the tune when just running the car without the n20 ?

brimm

It depends on how much timing you took out..... it's not a huge difference.

I'm only running 16* timing at WOT and cold plugs. I'd say on average you'll drop about 10rwhp with your timing pulled for nitrous and cold plugs, but thats a very rough number.

It shouldn't be THAT noticeable...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Brimm said:

brimm
I am tuned to safely spray a 100 dry shot pre-maf. I am about 2 tenths slower and my car is less consistent then my friends 04 who is running a speed density tune. However, it doesn't really bother me since it's worth it when the n2o kicks in! as far as losing power, i'm still faster than i was before the tune, it's just not as aggresive as it could be if I were strictly N/A.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input.

brimm

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Brimm said:

brimm
I'm running 24* timing and 115 shot w/no knock and tr6's
I advanced timing and have no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts