LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slow Guy, Fast Car
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my resonator taken off the car and an H-pipe installed. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about how much of a difference an H-pipe would make.

I currently have 18" Sweet Thunder chambered exhausts installed. My 3 hour ride to get the h-pipe put on gave me a lot of time to listen to the sound inside the car while driving at various speeds. The noise inside was a little bassy but not too bad, especially if the music was on and a little loud. I kind of liked it but I could see it being bothersome to some people. NOTE- This is before the install.

The h-pipe was installed and the 3 hour ride home was amazing. The noise that was in the car was pretty much gone. It really seemed the noise coming out of the exhausts was more forceful, more concentrated. Kind of hard to explain but it just sounded more purposeful. The exhaust note is even better (IMHO). Sounds cleaner. Once again, hard to describe. One thing I can definitely say is that the noise made on decel has been cleaned up considerably. Even more so today then yesterday.

I don't believe in SOTP dyno's so I won't make any comments other than the car seems just as powerful as before. Not any faster, not any slower.

I'm hoping some things get cleared up so I can describe the pipe itself and the guy who put it in. Let's just say I have a big smile from the whole experience.

Not sure what a resonator is supposed to look like but the GTO's looked like a small muffler to me. No cross flow. Just two straight pipes with what looked like a very mini muffler at one end of it.

Just one last note; If you have Sweet Thunders on your car, you definitely need an H-pipe ASAP. It will definitely increase your driving pleasure.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I did the same

I finally put in an H-pipe on my 18-inch Sweet Thunder setup. It sounds very smooth now with a different tone. It seems louder at idle and especially when starting the GTO in the morning. The thing will wake the dead when the motor is cold. Enjoy your Sweet Thunder!

:gears:

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
I will be putting one of my setup with magnaflow mufflers :)

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
Sounds like a very positive review. We need some soundclips though!

·
Slow Guy, Fast Car
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm working on some soundclips this weekend.

·
Addicted to the go fast pedal
1,000 Posts
sooooo where can we pick one up :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tiretread is the H-pipe you installed the prototype model that Stolenfox made? If so please please please post some pics. I know he is getting heat from this site for not becoming a sponsor over whatever (powertripping moderators imo). I am very interseted (as are many many others) to the outcome of his design.

·
Slow Guy, Fast Car
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^Yeah, it's his but we are members of this board and will abide by it's rules. He's just awaiting an answer before he posts in-depth. My short meeting with Ryan (stolenfox) has left me with an impression of a guy who is a perfectionist. He'd rather lose money than sell someone an inferior/defective/useless product.

·
60% of the time, everytime.
1,167 Posts
tiretread said:
He'd rather lose money than sell someone an inferior/defective/useless product.
what kind of capitalist is he!? pfft!

then again, from the consumer stand point... why can't all businesses act like that?

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
Sounds like a good guy, hopefully they grant him sponsorship status.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My project is.......

Coming soon to a "Parts for Sale" forum near you........

StolenFox

with approval from "DY"!!!!

·
Addicted to the go fast pedal
1,000 Posts
Nice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts