LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My GTO for sale $19700
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for places to buy methanol from and came across this and was wondering if anyone has heard of or ever tried it.

http://www.dfwx.com/fuel.html

For water injection systems, this is the most potent mix offered anywhere and will produce significant horsepower increases in engines equiped with water/alcohol injection systems. This unique blend of O'varde Water Injection Blend is 51% water to 42% and 7% Nitromethane. If you have a water/alcohol injection system, you will want to try this for your performance engine.

This will work in Snow's (tm), Coolmist (tm) and other water/alcohol injection systems.

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
haven't heard of it but they are way expensive. currently am getting a 50/50 mix meth and water from snow performance. 4 gals for around 25$ plus shipping and such. it comes to about 60$ i think. but i did find a place here in vegas, that i can get pure meth 5 gals about 35$ plus delivery.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
revxtreme over in tampa sells methanol

Its like $5 a gal but a 5gal jug will last 4-6months usually for me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
7% nitromethane would not do crap. It actually has a lower energy density than gasoline (it makes power becase you can burn a hell of a lot of it without much air). Seems like a total gimmick to me. I've found pure alky to be the best approach and I've been running it for years on ls1s. A little nitro mixed in might create some intresting results (not something to play with), but not when dilluted in that much water.

If you need a quick fix of methanhol go to wal-mart or the auto parts store... and buy a few yellow bottles of heet (it is pure methanhol). It is pretty cheap, but you are much better off buying in bulk from a speed shop...

·
My GTO for sale $19700
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dblue do you know of anywhere around orlando to get meth.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Vortech GTO said:
Dblue do you know of anywhere around orlando to get meth.
no unfortunately not. Dino over in tampa can ship it to you too.

You can ask [email protected] I would think if anyone would know who has it in orlando he would

1 - 7 of 7 Posts