LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i did a little looking around, would these be the lights that work for our car??? i know many were talking about different lights a long time ago. i think everyone was trying to find the blue lights, or the super white... but i found these, and was wondering if this helped. I think i may get them... i like the brighter look.

http://www.europeanautosport.com/optik.htm

·
2,432 Posts
Go with the Hoen's. They are a huge improvement.

Here is a pic with the Hoen's on the left and factory on the right. These pics are in my SS. The improvement in the GTO was actually much more than in the SS, but I didn't get good pics.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Where did you get the Hoens and what part number do I use. That looks much better.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Hoen H9 bulb pair $36.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H11 Hoen 55W fog light pair $29.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoen 9005 xenonmatch plus pair $36.00 USD

Shipping $24.51 USD

Total $125.51 USD

so we this is what we need right?????

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
this is it gtodriver

Purchase Item

Total

Hoen H11 plus bulb pair $36.00 USD

Hoen H9 bulb pair $36.00 USD

Hoen 9005 xenonmatch plus pair $36.00 USD

Shipping $24.57 USD

Total $132.57 USD

·
2,432 Posts
The shipping does seem high for 3 sets of bulbs. I would email them and ask for a discount, they are very responsive to email.

I just did the H9's and H11's. I don't use the fog lights unless I need them and in those cases I would rather have the more yellow light.

I've ordered from them several times, seems like my bill is usually about $86 with shipping and everything.

They are amazing in the GTO you can't believe the difference. Worth every penny. In the SS they are a lot better, but not as much of an improvement as in the GTO.

They are sponsoring the Ames Meet. They are providing a lot of free lighting as give aways.

I'm not pimping myself out either, not that anyone said I was I just want to make this clear, I can see how it might look. I paid for all my lights from them both in the GTO and SS. If you check old posts I recommended these lights before I ever thought of the Ames meet. I'm not including myself in any of the Ames Meet give aways either, so actually the Ames Meet is costing me quite a bit in time and money.

·
2,432 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
hey ames,
can you tell us EXACTLY what you are recommending.
Get the H9's and H11's both in the Plus line. Like I said the H9's aren't listed as Pluses but they are.

Here is the summary from my order email:
Qty: 1 Product Id: h9p Hoen H9 bulb pair ($36.00 USD)
Qty: 1 Product Id: h11p Hoen H11 plus bulb pair ($36.00 USD)
Shipping and Handling: $16.68 USD
Total: $88.68 USD

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Get the H9's and H11's both in the Plus line. Like I said the H9's aren't listed as Pluses but they are.

Here is the summary from my order email:
Qty: 1 Product Id: h9p Hoen H9 bulb pair ($36.00 USD)
Qty: 1 Product Id: h11p Hoen H11 plus bulb pair ($36.00 USD)
Shipping and Handling: $16.68 USD
Total: $88.68 USD

so we dont need the 9005's

·
2,432 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
so we dont need the 9005's
Only get the 9005's if you want the fog lights changed out also. I wouldn't. Fog lights work better when they have a yellowish color. But some guys like to drive around with fogs lights on all the time and it would look strange to have the fog lights not match the others.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
I've never been a fan of halogen bulbs pretending to be HIDs. I plan on installing real HIDs in my GTO unless it offers them in 2005 or 2006.

·
2,432 Posts
04bluegto said:
i wish i could go to Ames. Where's Hoen located? I emailed about a ls1gto discount. I would have too have all 3 even though I never use fogs!!! I also already bought the bulbs that are chrome then lite up amber those should be cool!! I just dont like the fact of daytime runners so i'll put the parking lights on most of the time.
I think the bulbs are actually from Europe. I never really checked though. They ship from Gardena, CA.

I'm pretty sure the DRL's are the low beam, never really checked though. I have also seen some cars use the high beam at a lower power.

Sylvania makes some Silverstar turn signals that look blue/purple when off, but when they flash they are orange. I got those so they would match the Hoen headlights when the car is turned off. I had Silverstar headlights in my GTP and wasn't that impressed by them, but the turn signals look good.

·
2,432 Posts
TriShield said:
I've never been a fan of halogen bulbs pretending to be HIDs. I plan on installing real HIDs in my GTO unless it offers them in 2005 or 2006.
I know what you mean the HID's are always going to be better. They are also considerable more money. I probably would have installed them anyway, but it involves cutting up the plastic caps and I don't want to get that far from factory with the car.

Hoen's are Xenon's, which are a big improvement over the factory bulbs.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts