LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time: October 3rd, 6:20 AM.

Description: Was on my way to Chicfila for breakfast heading south on Sheridan towards cache road, and notice what appears to be a mustang riding my bumber. I turn right headed west on cache road, and quickly the mustang GT, which appears to be blue, with white stripes, and some chrome 18 inch wheels, gets in the left lane and attempts a flyby. As I hear him punch it, I rip it from 35mph and quickly dashed his hopes of that happening. I pass up the chicfila, which didnt open until 6:30 anyway, just to so the red baron can give this mustang a clinic. I hit light number one and quickly turn off the traction control. At green, I drop the hammer with some small wheel spin and quickly leap ahead a car and a half. The mustang driver got a good view of my tailights until I hit light number two. This time I hear the mustang rev hard at the light in an apparent attempt to get a better launch this time. Again, I drop the hammer, this time with no wheel spin, and jumped out of the gate a car length. I hear him shift to second, and he dropped behind, and I hit it hard again, until I was 2 cars ahead. I let off as I approached 65+, and the hapless mustang does what any losing mustang driver does: to save whatever shred of diginty is left after getting his ass handed to him, flys by at full throttle. I chuckle as I turn around further down the road, and head back to get breakfast.

Ironically, I went to work later that day and ran into a civilian ft sill employee that just bought a C5 Z06. As I'm talking to him about his car and what happened this morning, he mentioned he ran into the exact same mustang (he described the wheels, the dark blue color, and white stripes) that was trying to get him to race last week. The GT tailgated him, pulled next to him while rolling, and revving his engine,. He basically said he wasnt going to waste the gas on him, especially with the traffic around. This guy got bullied by a stock auto LS1 GTO, then the week prior, tried to incite a vette Z06 with more power and 600 pounds lighter. Perhaps this guy was emboldened when the Z06 wouldnt race him? Who knows. But one thing is for sure, clearly this guy does not know his enemies, nor his place. Hopefully, he found out what his place was on the food chain, this morning at 6:20 AM.

Feel free to comment.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hunt him down and kill him. No Mercy! :pir_flag:

I don't bate 05/06 Mustangs anymore. It's not worth my time. However... I always hope that they try and fu#$ with me. Cus you know what happens after that :gears:

·
Registered
241 Posts
i love mustangs i guess the dealer tells them all they are faster than a rx-8 so they always try me and when i pull ahead they seem pissed

edit: last GT i raced was on sunday night on the 99 south in cali from 70 to about 140 i had him by about 3 cars the 2nd time he flew past me took me awhile to catch him lol after i beat him he took the next exit in the middle of no where ><

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
limepro said:
i love mustangs i guess the dealer tells them all they are faster than a rx-8 so they always try me and when i pull ahead they seem pissed
Mustangs are faster than 99.9% of RX8's out there.

Good kill, napoleon! :thumbs:

·
Registered
169 Posts
limepro said:

Really? I had no idea an RX-8 could beat an 05/06 Stang

:bs:

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
robertr2000 said:
Really? I had no idea an RX-8 could beat an 05/06 Stang

:bs:
hes got 300whp

·
Registered
169 Posts
ShaneD_06GTO said:
hes got 300whp

Oh! He made it sound like he was Stock... He said that the dealer told him (the Stang) that he could beat an RX-8. (Which they can)

What did he do to the RX-8 Mod's wise... ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
robertr2000 said:
Oh! He made it sound like he was Stock... He said that the dealer told him (the Stang) that he could beat an RX-8. (Which they can)

even stock there isnt much of a difference especially when most people who buy an 8 are experienced and most 16 yr olds buy a GT

with the few mods i have on mine they are easy kills but everyone of them i come across seems he has something to prove to me so tries to race which is why i said the dealer comment i love it lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
limepro said:
nope im not quite up there yet im around 230 whp but im also not FI

im waiting for this kit to come out supposed to be released at sevenstock this is at 7.5 lb psi

Yo limepro, My bad, I was under the impression you were stock...

Still hard to believe that you can walk an 05/06 stang w/235 whp. I gotta take your word for it though. Carry on :pir_flag:

·
Registered
241 Posts
robertr2000 said:

lol everyone gets pissed when i dont state my mods but all i have done right now is 3" exhaust, ported and lightened

·
Registered
782 Posts
limepro said:
even stock there isnt much of a difference especially when most people who buy an 8 are experienced and most 16 yr olds buy a GT

with the few mods i have on mine they are easy kills but everyone of them i come across seems he has something to prove to me so tries to race which is why i said the dealer comment i love it lol
Check your demographics. The average age of Mustang GT owners is well over 30.

·
Registered
169 Posts
limepro said:

Right on Man! That would be funny as hell... :patriot:

·
Registered
241 Posts
robertr2000 said:
Yo limepro, My bad, I was under the impression you were stock...

Still hard to believe that you can walk an 05/06 stang w/235 whp. I gotta take your word for it though. Carry on :pir_flag:
ive been trying to setup a race in fresno/clovis area with a GTO but it hasnt happened yet im only there on weekends so it makes it harder. i dont think i will beat the GTO but i wanna see how close it is i lost to an auto c5 by a car length missing my shift to 2nd and a trans am my bumper was at his quarter panel

·
Registered
241 Posts
eng943 said:
Check your demographics. The average age of Mustang GT owners is well over 30.
yes their parents who bought them the GT sorry i should specify and yes i know plenty of people that drive them most are in high school

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
limepro said:
nope im not quite up there yet im around 230 whp but im also not FI

im waiting for this kit to come out supposed to be released at sevenstock this is at 7.5 lb psi

oo, before I thought you said 300, my bad.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ShaneD_06GTO said:
oo, before I thought you said 300, my bad.
naww i said many people have been hitting 300 im not quite there yet because i have been waiting on something realiable that i can do myself without having to do alot of machine work like u have to with the greddy kit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't take into account the weight of the RX-8 (2950-3053 <-- Internet)

You said that you lightened it up. By how much?

·
Registered
241 Posts
robertr2000 said:
I didn't take into account the weight of the RX-8 (2950-3053 <-- Internet)

You said that you lightened it up. By how much?
mainly just engine parts the rotors and the flywheel, the lighter flywheel lets it get into higher rpms faster where the power is

MM & FF rated the mustang at 0-60 4.9 seconds and they seem to be able to pull the best times from a mustang

C & D rated the rx-8 at 5.4 seconds 0-60 and they are usually slower on their times

1 - 20 of 43 Posts