LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it Started to down pour!!!! :banghead: SONOFA*****!!!!! Can anyone feel my pain? :barf:

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Last time I waxed it was getting dark on me so I was rushing it a bit.... next day I come home in my other car and I see white all over the goat thinking someone hit my [email protected]!#$! car I get up there and sure enough it was dried up wax lol

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
DevilYellow said:
http://www.buickwe4.com/myhouse/DSC01707.jpg

http://www.buickwe4.com/myhouse/DSC01706.jpg

http://www.buickwe4.com/myhouse/DSC01705.jpg

that is why I have been working on my garage. 3 double 8 foot flouresent strips, a little more cleaning and paint work. I'll be waxing whenever I want to :)

I have the same setup: 3 double 8 foot fluorescent bulbs lighting up my garage. When you install yours, make sure the lights are parallel and not perpendicular to how the car is parked. The light is better dispersed that way.

There is nothing like having a well-lit garage to house your goat in. It makes ownership and maintenance that much more pleasurable. Like you said, you can give her a bikini wax even at midnight if you want. It's like having a nice fancy private hotel suite that you and your girl can be intimate in. Who wants to do out in the street?

:gr_jest:

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Because of the way the studs were behind the ceiling I could only run the electrical perpendicular. I just have one more light to hang. I have a little bit of ceiling to replace tommorow and finish r' up. Gonna paint soon and hang up a few poster.

I NEED a clean garage, I can not imagine how people put so much crap in theirs that they cant even fit cars in there.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I NEED a clean garage, I can not imagine how people put so much crap in theirs that they cant even fit cars in there.

I completely agree DY. They buy 3 or 4 cars totalling close to 100 grand or more then park it outside. What's inside their garage? Junk that is worth at best maybe 2 or 3 thousand dollars!

I love what you did to the garage floor. I will do the same grey with blue speckles from Rustoleum. One pack covers 300-400 sq ft I think. I checked out your website and you have a nice house. I am sure you know by now how much work it is to maintain and upgrade it. But it's all worth it!

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
DiSTuRBeDGTO said:
and it Started to down pour!!!! :banghead: SONOFA*****!!!!! Can anyone feel my pain? :barf:
If you were using Zaino, you wouldnt have to buff. Justs wipe.

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen the threads on Zaino, but how exactly is this better than regular wax. I use Meguiar's, and until now, have had no problem (still not a problem... just got back from gently drying the car, and continued to buff it... it is so damn shiny!!!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
DevilYellow that is wild

DevilYellow,

I have the same shelves in the back of my garage, except for the wide short one. I have the same floor treatment. I have a Yellowjacket GTO. And I was wondering what happened to my stepladder, I see you have it.

GranTurismoOmologato

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
DiSTuRBeDGTO said:
I've seen the threads on Zaino, but how exactly is this better than regular wax. I use Meguiar's, and until now, have had no problem (still not a problem... just got back from gently drying the car, and continued to buff it... it is so damn shiny!!!)
I have used Meguiars as well and actually did the hood half with Zaino and half with it. There was a damn big difference in the shine. Even when the car is dirty it looks clean. It goes on much easier and comes back off even easier then that. I thought my shine from the Meguiars was good until I tried the Zaino. No competition whatsoever. If you are happy with the Meguiars keep using it. I just personally think you are missing out on something much better that lasts much longer between coats. There is a reason most of teh show car dudes use and have been using Zaino for a long time and its not because its a cool name to say three times fast.

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll order some and give it a try... can't hurt!

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
DiSTuRBeDGTO said:
I'll order some and give it a try... can't hurt!
I hope you'll enjoy the difference as much as all the rest of us on here who use it. If you follow the recomendations they give for applying it, you cant go wrong. It applys differetly then regular wax ( because its not wax) and the results are different then regualr wax.

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Baaa said:
I hope you'll enjoy the difference as much as all the rest of us on here who use it. If you follow the recomendations they give for applying it, you cant go wrong. It applys differetly then regular wax ( because its not wax) and the results are different then regualr wax.

Stupid Zaino question of the day...is it ZAY-NO or ZI-NO?

My kit should be in soon...then I just have to wait for weather. I've been thinking about adding lights for a while...i may have to do that soon!

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
ZAY-NO is the correct pronunciation. Good question none the less.

·
Step into the Torque
190 Posts
Baaa said:
I have used Meguiars as well and actually did the hood half with Zaino and half with it. There was a damn big difference in the shine. Even when the car is dirty it looks clean. It goes on much easier and comes back off even easier then that. I thought my shine from the Meguiars was good until I tried the Zaino. No competition whatsoever. If you are happy with the Meguiars keep using it. I just personally think you are missing out on something much better that lasts much longer between coats. There is a reason most of teh show car dudes use and have been using Zaino for a long time and its not because its a cool name to say three times fast.
I have heard Zaino is a polish not a wax. How well does it hold up for every day use, (rain, sunshine, etc.)? How well do you think it protects the paint vs. a wax?

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
Silver LS1 GTO said:
I have heard Zaino is a polish not a wax. How well does it hold up for every day use, (rain, sunshine, etc.)? How well do you think it protects the paint vs. a wax?
A whole lot better. Every step and every product they have for the paint has UV inhibitors in it which in turn protects the paint from sun fade. I can easily, and have in the past, gone 6 months in the Texas sun without a coat on cars in the past. It will outshine most everything on the market. Some will disagree, but I am a showoff by nature and my cars outshining the competition is just one more way to exress it. I ahve tried damn near everything on the market and spent a ton of worthless money doing it only to come back to my beloved Zaino.

You dont get much more harsh conditions to put a paint through then what we have in Houston. Lots of acid rain due to the industry we have here, harsh summers, damn wet winters and springs, and the ever so lovely Love Bug season that wreaks hell on any painted surface. My cars still bead water after six months with no coats. Unlike wax, the more coats of Zaino, the deeper and wetter and more protected the surface becomes. I know I sound like a salesman, but everyone I have shown the results too, have switched over to Zaino after being a die hard fan of another wax/polish. Hell, my wifes uncle from Florida came to visit and after seeing the shine on my cars sitting in the driveway dirty needing a bath, he stole all my Zaino supply and told me I better restock because hes taking this back with him to Fl. Now, if it drives family to steal right in your face, it must be good LMAO.

Hope I answered your question without rambling on for hours.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
desertgoat said:
I checked out your website and you have a nice house. I am sure you know by now how much work it is to maintain and upgrade it. But it's all worth it!
Thanks! I definatly like the house over the apartment. You can tell by some of the before and after pictures of the office and bedroom how much work I've already done. I really should have taken a before picture of the garage. I got the new part of the ceiling up last night with the last light strip. I'll give it some time and finish it up by painting. Each $200+ trip to home depot is really adding up quick. Too bas the living room is so empty, I had plans of getting a 60" DLP TV but I dont know when thats going to happen.

and GranTurismoOmologato, great minds think alike

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
3,874 Posts
Devil....I've got some work that needs to be done around my house. Are you for hire??? I can't get hubby to do anything. Matter of fact, he doesn't even take an interest in my goat. (????!!!!) What's up with that?? :eek2:

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
3,874 Posts
(((sigh))) yes... but don't get me started. for a different forum, different time. LOL BTW... did I mention I LOVE this car??? :gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts