LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a set of lights with a skyline GTS anticipating for the lights to go green, and as they did the corner of my eye caught something on my left, it was a blue sti just pulling up to the lights when they went green , so i drop the hammer trying not to spin, the sti sling shot by, by the time i reached the top of first (5700rpm) i flat change to 2nd the car squirmed sideways abit then shot forward, i start caching this blue scoobie, by the time i shifted in 3rd i was with him and pulling away from him, his performance seemed to tapper off the faster the speed got... and the skyline was way back by then, apparently the two were friends as they both backed off and were next to each other driving and talking.

suddenly i realised this is my turn off , so flicked my indicator on and waited till the pair of em caught up... i beeped my horn and gave them a wave as they drove by, but alas, no respose just a dirty look. why people gotta be that way :p

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Ude-Lose said:
i was at a set of lights with a skyline GTS anticipating for the lights to go green, and as they did the corner of my eye caught something on my left, it was a blue sti just pulling up to the lights when they went green , so i drop the hammer trying not to spin, the sti sling shot by, by the time i reached the top of first (5700rpm) i flat change to 2nd the car squirmed sideways abit then shot forward, i start caching this blue scoobie, by the time i shifted in 3rd i was with him and pulling away from him, his performance seemed to tapper off the faster the speed got... and the skyline was way back by then, apparently the two were friends as they both backed off and were next to each other driving and talking.

suddenly i realised this is my turn off , so flicked my indicator on and waited till the pair of em caught up... i beeped my horn and gave them a wave as they drove by, but alas, no respose just a dirty look. why people gotta be that way :p
i take it you are in OZ right? cuz i didn't think we have skylines in the US

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
04bluegto said:
i was thinking that too but some people will pay to get it over here.

yeah, ive heard of that too. but i wasn't sure if it was true i not b/c that means that the car also has to be converted to US units. it also means that the car has to meet US crash requirements. i try not to believe everything i see in the fast and furious. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
SKylines in the US

I know for a fact that you could get street legal _right_ hand drive Skyline GT-Rs in the US through some distributor (don't know the details). An acquaintance of mine owned one. The GT-Rs are based off of previous generation G35/skylines. Eventually current generation Gxx/skylines will get a GT-R variant, at least in RHD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
good race

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it definately wasn't a GTR, it was a skyline GTS-T which can be made to go quite fast as well... and the subaru was the model before the rounded headlights and had gold wheels.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can only get a skyline in the us from a country known as Motorex for a r34 its roughly 80k . Its funny that you beat one cuz to ricers the are the holy grail.

·
Registered
207 Posts
well nowadays, don't be surprised to see a G35 (in the States) rebadged to say Skyline...and yeah, Motorex would be the only company importing them. Most of them are on the west coast, with a very small number ever having been imported.

I don't know about the Middle East releases, since the Skylines that the import scene loves are the R33/R34 GT-R's.

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
What are you guys talking about!!! You can get a Skyline in the local junkyard in anytown USA. Haven't you watched 2 Fast 2 Ridiculous? Skylines are a dime a dozen... well outside the US. For the most part you can get any car made in the world to be street legal in the US as long as it meets Federal Emission and Safety standards. Some states, Like NY, have their own requirements aswell and will want to do a visual review of your car to check it out for themselves as well as an inspection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts