LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this post is a little unreadable, but I just got home. I worked all night last night, and when I got off of work, drove to my dealer to pick up my GTO :D Had to do the insurance thing, then the bank loan thing, then drive it back up here. So I have had the car for about 5 hours now. :bubbrub Had 15 miles on it when I went for the gas fillup, and now it has 148 miles on it. OH man did I dread turning 30 last year. This car made me love it!!!!!! First impressions that I have is that SOMEONE, anyone needs to come up with a dead pedal for this thing, I did not know where to put my foot. I also hope that the exaust note does get louder after the initial break in.

Good news is that the insurance was even lower than originally predicted. 547 per 6 months. I was quoted 650something. Oh my goodness, I have my car, I have my car. :bubbrub And I LOVE it. I had better try to get some sleep sometime soon, by my count I have been up for 20 hours now, and have to work in 6 hours. But tomorrow morning, when I get off of work, I can drive some more. :D :D

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I was going to post a couple of pics.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
:bubbrub Happy Birthday 2 Ewe :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Mountain Goat
896 Posts
Happy birthday and congrates. I've had mine a month but the weather has kept my milage down to 328. It started off good and the more I'm in it the better it gets. Like your pics (thanks), pretty car.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:bubbrub :bubbrub

Happy birthday and congrats . Welcome to the clan.

:rolleyes: I remember when I turned 30 LOL :drink: :drink: or do I

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
Warren said:
Oh yeah, I was going to post a couple of pics.

I hope that's you and not someone stealing you car (lol).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
...and it's yellow (they rule) :thumbs:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well it can't really hang with the yellow Astre in the background, but it's nice enough I guess!! Congratulations. I also believe as Tails has reported that the exhaust does seem to "pipe up" after a few hundred miles.

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
Congrats Man, I am happy your wait is over. BTW, Happy B-Day, I'm sure you will long remember this one.

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. It was a pretty good birthday, well except for leaving my 20's behind me. Funny, but even with only about 4 hours sleep, it was pretty easy to get out of bed tonight and I got ready for work in record time. :) I had to take the "long way" to work, just for kicks. One thing is for sure, those headlights need to be adjusted, and SOON. Oh, and thanks to whomever gave the heads up on turning on the AC in order for the defroster to work. Now I need to dig into the manual again and figure out all the little DIC goodies. Oh yeah, and I should probably do some work tonight, huh?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Warren said:
Thanks everyone. It was a pretty good birthday, well except for leaving my 20's behind me. Funny, but even with only about 4 hours sleep, it was pretty easy to get out of bed tonight and I got ready for work in record time. :) I had to take the "long way" to work, just for kicks. One thing is for sure, those headlights need to be adjusted, and SOON. Oh, and thanks to whomever gave the heads up on turning on the AC in order for the defroster to work. Now I need to dig into the manual again and figure out all the little DIC goodies. Oh yeah, and I should probably do some work tonight, huh?
Congrats!!!WOOWOO Have a blast driving it. :bubbrub

I agree with you on the headlights.

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, Has it been a year already? Turning 31 sure is a letdown after turning 30. :D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
HB Warren

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
happy b-day

·
Love that Aussie engineering
430 Posts
My lil' sis turns 32 today- same birthday! Happy b-day to you. After 30 you stop keeping track until you hit 35, then everything goes to hell after that. ;)

Alternately, once you have kids you forget about your own birthday and focus on theirs! My little boy is turning 1 next week. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts