LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

This is my first manual car but sometime the gears get notchy. I drove my friends mustang gt today and it was so much smoother from gear to gear. Does the clutch tsb affect this? Also i have the thunk in the truck on hard shifts. I am going to get the Thunk fixed and i figured if there was something they could do about the shifter i would have it done.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
'Notchy' and hard to shift are different things. The shifting is not smooth and tight in this car, but you should not have problems getting the car into gear. There are some aftermarket people working on shifters - that's solved the problem on the same tranny for the svt mustang and f-body guys with the same trans.
Dan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just want to add my 2 cents. I started to notice that when shifting I was getting a little more noise than usual and a little more of a notchy feel to it. When I brought it in for the "thunk in the trunk" they checked and I was a half quart low in the transmission. They topped it off and I have been good ever sense. The tech also mentioned that you need to give it a little time to break in and said that occurred at about 5k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts