LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received our shipment of Harrops new improved differential covers with the upgraded mount. These new mounts stabilize the whole rear cradle resulting in decreased wheelhop and more responsive acceleration and braking. Australia is known for their castings and the quality of this part proves it. Quantities are limited while supplies last! For images and more info, go to http://www.bmrfabrication.com/GTO.htm

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks to be a sweet piece, I ordered one direct last Monday. Great people to deal with. :hail:

Dare I ask, why the big markup on these? I only paid about $350. USD + shipping direct from Harrop. That's a $180.00 difference. Just curious. :wall:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walker said:
Looks to be a sweet piece, I ordered one direct last Monday. Great people to deal with. :hail:

Dare I ask, why the big markup on these? I only paid about $350. USD + shipping direct from Harrop. That's a $180.00 difference. Just curious. :wall:
Oops, I am glad you mentioned this, we had the pricing $100 off. Our bill came in AU currency so when we set up the pricing on the webpage it was based from that somehow. Anyway, the correct price is $429.95 and we have them in stock.

·
Harrop GTO, HTV2300 680rwhp
245 Posts
It fits within all aftermarket exhausts we have tried ... but impossible to check everyone's :)

It is a direct bolt-up replacement with no modifications to any OE components or sheetmetal. Takes about 1/2 hour to fit (on a hoist), but you will need some sealant and new oil.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dont forget the posi additive.My cover didnt cure my wheelhop.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It didnt seem to make a differance at all. Second gear shifts were just as violent as ever. Once I put in the bushings from Gravana,it seemed to cure 80% of the hop. Not violent at all but still moving around a little,but not banging. I`m hoping with drag radials it will be cured. The rear cover is supposed to hold an extra quart and a half. With the harrop rear cover it took slightly less than 3 quarts to fill.

·
Wife hated it
314 Posts
01ws6m6conv said:
It didnt seem to make a differance at all. Second gear shifts were just as violent as ever. Once I put in the bushings from Gravana,it seemed to cure 80% of the hop. Not violent at all but still moving around a little,but not banging. I`m hoping with drag radials it will be cured. The rear cover is supposed to hold an extra quart and a half. With the harrop rear cover it took slightly less than 3 quarts to fill.
Over $400 later and still same amount of wheel-hop? What bushings are you talking about? Sway bar?

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
I believe that he is refering to the crossmember bushings that Gravana sells at $159. The Aussies have been using these for a short while to cure the "axle tramp" as they call it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yea ,thats the ones. They go between the body and the arms that hold the rear to the frame.A HIGHLY recommended mod. Didnt affect ride quality at all. But REALLY helped with wheelhop. No banging.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
01ws6m6conv said:
Yea ,thats the ones. They go between the body and the arms that hold the rear to the frame.A HIGHLY recommended mod. Didnt affect ride quality at all. But REALLY helped with wheelhop. No banging.
The BMR supplied Harrop cover is first quality. It cleared the Corsa CatBack on my car without a problem.

·
Registered
620 Posts
No doubt,the cover is first rate.The cover alone didnt cure the hop,but I believe the cover AND the bushings did. I`ll let you all know how well it really works once the roads dry up here. I just got my car back last night with the procharger installed!

·
doesnt get 29mpg
487 Posts
BMR Fabrication said:
Oops, I am glad you mentioned this, we had the pricing $100 off. Our bill came in AU currency so when we set up the pricing on the webpage it was based from that somehow. Anyway, the correct price is $429.95 and we have them in stock.
i dont get it
why the still big markup?
as walker said he paid $350 direct from harrop plus shipping

·
Registered
620 Posts
Have you checked on shipping prices from australia? Big bucks,its halfway round the world from here. I checked on bushings,and the shipping was almost half the price of the part.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts