LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the question asks, has anyone changed their 3.46 to a 3.73 or 4.10 in this rear end yet?

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Yank has entire rear end units in a wharehouse somehwere with upgraded gears. I dont know if Motive has anything yet.
3.9's are perfect for the m6, and 3.7s for the A4 :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Please correct my understanding. As I understand it the higher ratio will give you a quicker launch but you lose high end speed. Also the gas mileage would decrease but not noticeably with 3.73 for my A4. Also what cost are we looking at?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct Tails.

Ude, I like my 3.73’s with my M6. I agree though, I wish they’d have made a 3.90 for our 10 bolts in the F-Body. 4.10’s were just too tall. And that nice new rear end will work for me. :D

Jon, why are they sitting in a warehouse?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
You are correct Tails.
:bubbrub And to think that just a few months ago I didn't know a rear end from a hole in the ground!! Great Site DY!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Okay. I understand what Tails now knows to be true. But I was wondering how much of a change is it going from 3.73 to 3.90 (lets say). Does it make a big difference in the top speed of first gear?
The reason I'm asking is because when I launch in first gear I red line real quick. With the higher (?larger #) gears, I can only imagine that I'm going to get there quicker. But is it too quick??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rear end grease/oil change easy?

DevilYellow said:
Yank has entire rear end units in a wharehouse somehwere with upgraded gears. I dont know if Motive has anything yet.
Hey Hey DY...is there a drain plug on the 04 GTO rear end to change the fluid and is it easy to refill... I have not looked that close at it yet and was wondering if you knew or someone out there has experience at changing rear end fluid yet?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yank is a manufacturer of aftermarket torque converters.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
agentj004gto said:
Hey Hey DY...is there a drain plug on the 04 GTO rear end to change the fluid and is it easy to refill... I have not looked that close at it yet and was wondering if you knew or someone out there has experience at changing rear end fluid yet?
The factory fill is 80W-140 synthetic. I'll probably leave it alone. If there's no drain plug, just loosen the bolts on the back cover and stand back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts