LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
'04 Pulse Red/6-Speed GTO
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new panel from a guy on eBay that was going to paint the rear panel black then sold the car.
My car is red, and i was going to have the body shop paint the panel the same red as the car but paint the inset satin black, I have a satin black licence plate frame.
I have the 05/06 hood as well and was going to have the hood scoops painted the same satin to keep the theme

Thoughts?????
Pics????
I couldnt find any with just this painted.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't but I'm curious how it would look. I've thought about doing that too, buying another one and painting it so the stocker would be able to be put back on...
If you do it, post up some pictures!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stangish... funny! My Mach had the honeycomb tail panel because it just didn't seem like a Mach without one. Many really sharp vehicles over the years have used the blackout tail panel look and pulled it off well. SOMEONE in the Metroplex, or a least a visitor to our area had something that looked like this on a new GTO. It looked more like a panel replacement or incert than black paint to me. I'd like to have one myself, it had a patern on it similar to the grill and scoop incerts. Pretty cool looking to me! ;)

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
I'v seen it somewhere before. I think the member that had it sold it.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
1badgto, do a search. He had it on a silver 04 and now has it on a brazen 06

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
2,376 Posts
I upgraded to the 06 tails and photochopped that whole back panel black and didn't care for it. I'm at work right now or I would post the picture.

If I were going to paint the panel, I would mask it off evenly with the bottom of the tail lights right along that body line, where it starts to flair out. But I don't know, I didn't care for it.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Jon01 said:
I haven't but I'm curious how it would look. I've thought about doing that too, buying another one and painting it so the stocker would be able to be put back on...
If you do it, post up some pictures!
Yep, thats what im gonna do, but im just painting the inset where the licence plate sits Satin Black. and if i dont like it, off it comes..... no harm done.
I'll post a pic after i do it.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
Like this?

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
topperge said:
Like this?
no, just the area where the licence plate mounts.

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
that looks sick!!!!!!!! i wonder how it would look on a torrid red?

·
18,223 Posts
I thought about doing that (the license plate area only), butwill make a plate first, so those dimples get hidden. I'll use the holes behind the plate, as well as some velcro (don't laugh :) ) and trim it just right, so it'll appear like the original panel...

I was even tossing around the idea of using perforated metal (the one with holes in a pattern), for further contrasting.

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
2,376 Posts
If I were going to do it, I wouldn't paint the whole panel...it doesn't flow that well. I would keep it even with the bottom of the tail lights. I just don't like how the black extends down lower.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts