LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for pointers :) Tools you used, any paint damage ect.

·
3,327 Posts
DY had his done, and I am pretty sure that 1COOLPC had his done.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Chris;

Long tome no talk to.

I used a wooden baseball bat with the car jacked up. Worked great. Gotta cut some grooves every 4-5" or so, then roll them up using the tire for leverage. Dab some primer where the cuts were made and you're good to go.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I had a high-perf wheel/tire place do mine with the tool (they remove the wheel, mount the tool, then roll with brute force). No problems. Make sure they heat the surface first so there's no paint damage. Currently running 19x9.5 rims with 265/30 tires. No rubbing.

Padre

·
Registered
835 Posts
I rolled mine with a tool from bigwheels.net. It attaches to the wheel lugs and you just move it back and forth as you turn a knob. worked pretty well, but I wouldn't recommend doing it on a really cold day (shouldn't be a problem this time of year), I did mine in feb. and it cracked the paint a little under the fender. I touched it up and put some sealer on it and haven't had any problems.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I had a high-perf wheel/tire place do mine with the tool (they remove the wheel, mount the tool, then roll with brute force). No problems. Make sure they heat the surface first so there's no paint damage. Currently running 19x9.5 rims with 265/30 tires. No rubbing.

Padre
What place did the rolling? Was it Butler Tire in Marietta???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts