LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about it today, and realized that it has been a full year since I ordered my GTO. I am not sure of the exact date, but I do know it was the last week of June last year. Pontiac sent me an e-mail about the (Now Infamous) pre-order program. I called my Dealer that day. Showed up at the dealer on 2-16-04, and I took it home 3-5-04.

·
T/C = Off !
379 Posts
Warren said:
I was thinking about it today, and realized that it has been a full year since I ordered my GTO. I am not sure of the exact date, but I do know it was the last week of June last year. Pontiac sent me an e-mail about the (Now Infamous) pre-order program. I called my Dealer that day. Showed up at the dealer on 2-16-04, and I took it home 3-5-04.
Did you have to pay above invoice, having it ordered it so early?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Time's fun when your having flies!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Warren, Same here. Pontiac E-Mailed. I think 6-26-03. Got the GOAT 2-14-04. Mine got lost in the Benicia Black Hole. Paid $33,500. to answer Tails question... Cos

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COSMO GUY said:
Warren, Same here. Pontiac E-Mailed. I think 6-26-03. Got the GOAT 2-14-04. Mine got lost in the Benicia Black Hole. Paid $33,500. to answer Tails question... Cos
That was not Tails! It was an impersonator, flexinator, whatever you call it.

I did not pay a penny more than MSRP. Did not put down a deposit either, dealer kissed my butthole french style the whole time, so to speak. He told me that I would probably not get the car until March or April, and when I found this site and the tracker, they were as excited about it showing up as much as I was.

Mine showed up at the dealer on 2-16, but I waited to pick it up for insurance cost reasons. Made it my birthday present to myself.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
COSMO GUY said:
I didn't ask the question.... It was flexinator...It confused me too.....just ask Warren about that.
:drink: :drink:

·
SPEED THRILLS!!!!!
68 Posts
One Year Ago Today...

I pre-ordealed, ooops, :rolleyes: I meant pre-"ordered" my GTO EXACTLY one year ago. 06/28/03. Took delivery 04/28/04..

·
T/C = Off !
379 Posts
spfrjr1 said:
I pre-ordealed, ooops, :rolleyes: I meant pre-"ordered" my GTO EXACTLY one year ago. 06/28/03. Took delivery 04/28/04..
I can't believe some you guys were willing to wait so long....I quess it's a catch 22 because you want the car so bad that you'll wait for that particular one instead of getting something else. But 10 months is a damn long time! :eek:ff the a

·
Registered
144 Posts
Years ago . . .

flexinator said:
I can't believe some you guys were willing to wait so long....I quess it's a catch 22 because you want the car so bad that you'll wait for that particular one instead of getting something else. But 10 months is a damn long time! :eek:ff the a
40 years is even longer . . .but worth the wait. Preordered June 26, 03. Dealer mentioned it would be about 78 days from build date to receive car. Car built Oct 1, 03. Started counting. Shipped Oct 21, 03. Arrived Calif Nov 30, 03. Left by rail Dec 4, 03. Arrived Dealer in Buffalo, NY Dec 18, 03. (79 Days) Received title from Detroit Dec 23, 03. Yes - there is a Santa Claus.

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking that it was the 28th, but I am not sure. I wanted to deal with My dealer because I know what kind of service I will get from him.

Tails said:
\I didn't ask the question.... It was flexinator...It confused me too.....just ask Warren about that.
Back before the whole upload your own avatar option was availible, when I would reply to Tails, he sometimes got confused because I had Duff Man as my avatar... :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
SPEED THRILLS!!!!!
68 Posts
Hey Flex:

flexinator said:
Well I was originally told I would have my GTO by mid December. That would have been about a 5 month wait. Thanks to some dealer allocation B.S. my car wasn't even built until Feb. 20'th. I received it within the "60-90" post TPW..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey, Tails... Sorry about that. You both have the Duff Man... The price included the Gas Guzzler Tax. Which was a big suprise to me..($1000). 10 mo. is a long wait. I have always wanted a GTO. I missed the 60's by a few years. I did have older cousins who became my best BUDDIES w/ thier GTO's & 442's. Glad I waited.. Cos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts