LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I install a STS turbo in my 2006 GTO with the meth kit and the intercooler , I am making 12. 95 to 13. flat in Monterrey Mexico a 1800 ft above sea level ,no slicks, want to mid 11 .
Need to know , want to have the car for street / strip , what stall do I need , 3000 foot brake ? , what brand?, yank, art carr ???
What else I need ...

·
It was a...
2,322 Posts
Strange as it sounds, you'd be surprised what a set of slicks or drag radials could do for your time...really helps getting out of the hole...

What boost are your running? Is it taking full advantage of the methanol?

And are the injectors maxed out?

Just a few questions to start...welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank blueflyingGoat

Thanks blueflyingGoat , i have the original 38 lbs , want to put the 42 lbs to incresea for the high boost , the boost that I am runnig max is 8 to 9 lbs , what do you think it would be the best stall and the brand for reducing my time...:gears:

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Let us see your 1/4 mile times. 60' etc. In good air and with traction you should be alot closer to the 11.9/12.0 range.

Edit: I just noticed your running 8/9lbs of boost you should be in the 11 range already. I'm surprised your not running out of fuel with those injectors and the heat you must have this time of year in NM. You must be leaning on that meth kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I beleive I should be on the 11 sec but everybody , tell me is ths stall that is making me be on the 12.9 time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allen performance in san antonio texas did the tune up , good guy , we reduce the rpm in the top end to 5600 max to make the change of gears , we don`t want to blow the engine..

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
tambo said:
Allen performance in san antonio texas did the tune up , good guy , we reduce the rpm in the top end to 5600 max to make the change of gears , we don`t want to blow the engine..
Well that explains alot. There's alot more left in that car. I would get a hold of a good tuner (Come on 5600rpm) Learn more about the STS sytem and what she's capable of with the right supporting mods and let her rip. Just type in sts here (search) and go to LS1tech and do a search and you'll find with the proper mods you can get alot more out of your car. Here's a link, just take a look at the 1st post theres alot of good links that provide plenty of basic info. I really learned alot from the ls1tech guys since they've been playing with the sts system alot longer.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87574&highlight=mtbdoc

·
please stand by...
1,025 Posts
tambo said:
5600 rpm what it the h$%&, why granny shift and put the cruise on.:barf:

Your tuner probably seen that the maf max out at around 5600 rpm and does not know how to tune around it.

So now, you need to find a actual good tuner with HPTuners, get 2bar SD for your ls2. And start shifting around 6400rpms or 300 to 400 rpms past peak HP. Then only then will you get your 11's

Good day :patriot:

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
let's see some time slips. without seeing what's going on, we can't really tell you what to do. you're making MORE than enough power with that STS kit.

·
It was a...
2,322 Posts
Yeah, 5600 RPM is waaaay low, turbo or no turbo.

You can check the duty cycle on the injectors from most any real time ECM monitor. If they are pegged at 100% there's at least part of the problem. I think the STS kit comes with some kind of boost pump, right? If so, what's your fuel pressure running? I think there was a thread on an issue with the stock fuel pressure regulator and STS a while back....might want to run a search...

Definately need to know more on the traction situation, or more power is just going to go into tire smoke.:eek2:

If you're unhappy with the STS, you can just send it over to Peoria....:stickpoke:...but seriously hopefully you can get to the bottom of this with a little help from the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts