LS1GTO Forums banner

Have the SLP mid-length headers been discontinued?

493 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  gotzaGTO 
#1 ·
anyone know?
I cant find them on their site anymore..

#2 ·
HTRDLNCN said:
anyone know?
I cant find them on their site anymore..
Yeah they did early in the year, and they had them on clearance, too bad I didn't have the money at the time. I wish they still had them as that was the way I was planning to go.

#4 ·
Yeah they have been discontinued for a few months now. Once I hear more feedback about the Pace Setter LT's I might put mine for sale. But until then, im very happy with them. Plus my car sounds like Nascar now with my LM cat-back.

#6 ·
I wonder who was making them for them?
Obviously it was not in house.
Only reason to discontinue a header is if you dont own the jig,
otherwise it costs you nothing extra to make them every oncein a while when you need to.

#7 ·
You can probably find them at that mail order place the fields the yellow and black drag race cars, but they will be more expensive then SLP was the last time I looked.

#8 ·
Wow,,you werent kidding,they are almost
twice the price there than at SpeedInc.

#9 ·
Yup, I called one of the local stores right before I ordered my LTs to see if they would price match them since SLP actually still had them at that time. Nope. I ended up with Kooks instead.

#12 ·
MarylandSpeed said:
SLP discontinued them a while back, and IS NOT producing them. SLP also recently discontinued their LT Headers with race pipes...now all you can get is LT's with cats. This is actually better IMO, since 90% of the orders seem to be for catted midpipes, and it will allow them to be more efficiantly/quicker.
yeah except for when your SLP cat fails litteraly two days outside of the lame year warranty when the rest of the exhaust warranty is life time and they not only dont warrant it, the charge 180 DOLLARS for ONE FREAKING CAT....

Sorry, just a little mad still about the BS...

#13 ·
MarylandSpeed said:
Well, Most of the manufacturers use cats made by a third party...for instance, Kooks uses Magnaflow cats. I am not sure who SLP uses, but I am gonna guess it is Magnaflow or Random Technology.

Either way...how did the cat fail? Did it literally clog up or something? Was your car running rich? Just trying to figure out what happened.

Thanks!

naw.. a simple tack weld broke on this mesh-steel ring that kept the cat material in place, the ring slipped off and the material rattled. the material itself looked brand new, just a shotty weld like the shotty welds keeping the heat sheild on the cat that fell off 6 months ago...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.