LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am such a lazy MF'er

After almost 4 months of ownership, I finally personalized my GTO yesterday.

1. Got rid of overspeed
2. Got rid of rest reminder
3. removed dual stage unlock
4. Changed all light settings to 15 secs instead of default 30
5. removed speed dependent volume

The stock settings are way too conservative. Much happier with the goat now. Anyone else finally played with the vehicle personalization feature?

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
finally did it night before last... still cant figure out how to get rid of overspeed warning...

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Nah, I haven't yet either. I think I needed a thread like this to give me a swift kick in the a$$ to do it. So, I'm gonna do it. Thanks DG! :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yeah, i did it the first day while i was playing with all the gadgets.
eliminated dual stage unlock
turned on "beep" for lock/unlock
turned on trip B
turned off rest reminder
cant remember the rest

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
My car's been in the shop almost as much as I've owned it. So, I have to apologize that I've not made it through the owner's manual to learn to do much more than play with the overspeed indicator (geez, I keep having to raise the speed, and still finding myself hitting it :). My wife laughed at me that, after I got the car, I had the owner's manual as my "bedside reading material" :)

--Robert

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
desertgoat said:
I am such a lazy MF'er

After almost 4 months of ownership, I finally personalized my GTO yesterday.

1. Got rid of overspeed
2. Got rid of rest reminder
3. removed dual stage unlock
4. Changed all light settings to 15 secs instead of default 30
5. removed speed dependent volume

The stock settings are way too conservative. Much happier with the goat now. Anyone else finally played with the vehicle personalization feature?
7 months later and I have not done any of those things :gr_jest:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
turned off rest reminder
I left it on. It makes me laugh after driving for two hours and it comes up. Palm tree and picnic table. We have picnic tables in Washington State. Haven't seen too many palm trees though.

:drink::drink:

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tails said:
I left it on. It makes me laugh after driving for two hours and it comes up. Palm tree and picnic table. We have picnic tables in Washington State. Haven't seen too many palm trees though.

:drink::drink:
That's why I turned mine off. I am sick of looking at palm trees. I have NOTHING but palm trees in my backyard, my driveway......

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
yeah, i did it the first day i had it, took off the 2 stage, added the horn beep, took of distortion limiter and sound speed increaser, took off reminder, took off overspeed and underspeed chimes, made my lights go on longer after shut off and turn on (eaiser for me to see my house door at night) and anything else, i cant remember right now.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Well lets see
Over/under speed off, 2hr rest off, DRL relay gone, rear window stop light gone.
Two stage lock off, Rev limiter raised, fuel shut off set @ 255mph etc......

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I did mine before I left the dealer. Deleted the rest reminder, changed (but didn't disable) the overspeed indicator, deleted speed dependent volume, changed to single unlock, headlights for five seconds on shut-off, 0 seconds on unlock...I can't remember what else.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Did everything right away also. Then after awhile, I updated things I felt need updating. Such as two honks on unlock, one on lock. this is the way all my other GM vehicles have been, so for mental consistency I had to update this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Did everything right away also. Then after awhile, I updated things I felt need updating. Such as two honks on unlock, one on lock. this is the way all my other GM vehicles have been, so for mental consistency I had to update this.
My dealers satisfaction guy went through this the day I picked it up and we set the defaults together.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
I changed all of mine too, now and then ill go in and change a few things. What I can't figure out is how to get rid of the 130 mph on my o/s gauge. I know I can turn if off, but how do I get rid of the speed displayed when on? I tried hitting the set button several times , but no go. I just don't want the dealer to see I hit 130, but they probally can see the highest speed when they hook it up to their computer. Its been faster than that, but thank goodness it doesn't show, my wife already gave me grief about the 130 thing........

ROK

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
I changed all of mine too, now and then ill go in and change a few things. What I can't figure out is how to get rid of the 130 mph on my o/s gauge. I know I can turn if off, but how do I get rid of the speed displayed when on? I tried hitting the set button several times , but no go. I just don't want the dealer to see I hit 130, but they probally can see the highest speed when they hook it up to their computer. Its been faster than that, but thank goodness it doesn't show, my wife already gave me grief about the 130 thing........

ROK
LOL thats to funny

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
all you have to do is hit ther up and down arrow and you can set the over speed to what ever 5mph incriment you want.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts