LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WEEEEEEE
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background:
I bought this car in 2018 off eBay, based on pictures. Spoke with the seller and he seemed legit. So far, the car has been exactly what I expected, which is to say, it wasn’t in that bad of shape for a 10-owner (Carfax), 116K mile car, lol. It had some front end damage. The repair was done very poorly. The crash bar behind the bumper wasn’t even replaced. It had a giant “V” in it from whatever the car ran into. Compression and leak-down were good. I had the rear main seal replaced during the clutch swap.
I found an OEM hood because I thought the original was no good. The body shop said they could fix the OEM one. There were several other small chips and dings on the car. After going over everything with the body shop we agreed on what to fix and a price. So far everything is on track. I also went ahead and got some SAP style front grills and repainted the rear lower valance as it was pretty faded. I’ll add some pics after I get it back and mount the new staggered 18’s I have sitting in my living room lol.
I plan to keep this car a long time and have an “Agreed Value” policy through Hagerty so hopefully, I won’t lose my ass if it gets wrecked.
Other mods I’ve added include: LT’s/Bassani cat-back, GMM Shifter, Cam/springs/pushrods, TVS1900, Eaton Truetrac, OEM 3.91, billet side adjusters, Harrop cover, G-Force axles, 340LPH fuel pump, LT1-S Twin Disc, 1-pc driveshaft.
After painting, she still needs to get a smaller pulley on the blower because I’m only making about 4psi on a 3.2” pulley. Debating on methanol or running E85 but that’s about it.
Yes, if you were doing the math, I have about $25K in this car that’s worth $18K tops lol.

Attachments

·
WEEEEEEE
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This weeks progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
As a BOM owner, that's just painful to look at. No fault of yours - you're trying to make it better, and I applaud that.

Those black wheels....those do give me heartburn, though.

·
WEEEEEEE
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol those black wheels were an experiment. I bought the 18's with severe curb rash, filled them and sanded then painted them. The color was supposed to be granite but they came out pretty dark. The new ones look a little different.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lol those black wheels were an experiment. I bought the 18's with severe curb rash, filled them and sanded then painted them. The color was supposed to be granite but they came out pretty dark. The new ones look a little different.
Curb rash? Looks more like concrete cancer. I'd check for curb magnets in the wheels before installing. j/k

·
WEEEEEEE
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update for the 2 of you following this thread...
Haven't swapped the rims yet. She's up on jack stand because the 118k mile T56 is asking for a rebuild. The cosmetic portion is done other than bolting on the new rims which I'll do after I put the rebuilt trans back in.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts
Hopefully only the best; Phantom Wax.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
I need to pull the front bumper off of mine and have it refinished. The rest of the car is okay, but the bumper has a few blemishes and scratches underneath. I'd also like to get rid of the front plate mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts