LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BLOWN
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm undecided if I want/need aftermarket heads w/the procharger. I'm getting a much bigger blower cam next week and wanted to know what heads people are choosing to get the biggest hp gains.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I went with Dart 225s with plans to go FI in the future. AFRs are a good choice too.

I was told to go with the 225 runner if I planned on using a SC in the future, so I would say Dart or AFRs with that 225 runner.

There are certainly more knowledgeable folks here than me when it comes to heads though.

:gears:

·
BLOWN
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still haven't worked out the specs yet with my tuner, but it'll be an aggressive cam with around a 605 - 610 lift with duration and lobe separation condusive to the blower making sure the overlap is in the negative. There was a post a few weeks ago with a formula to determine the overlap of a cam - can't recall where.

·
My GTO for sale $19700
62 Posts
The formula for overlap is [{(intake duration + Exhaust duration)/4} - LSA] x2

·
Last NIB APS TT in the World
553 Posts
Jcain,

Did you run a custom head gasket (thicker one) .051" and if you didn't why? And if you did what was your reasoning behind it and are there any repercussions from running a thicker gasket?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Both the AFR and ET heads have heavy 3/4 inch decks that are ideally suited to F/I applications. With good head studs, the chance of a blown gasket is relatively low.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
ET240s are going on my built 408...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts