LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys my motor is out of my car as I am swapping a 408 in it. For my header install I am pretty sure I just need to remove the knuckle or steering shaft or just the knuckle I’m not too sure. On the knuckle can I just unbolt the 1 bolt on bottom and will it come out or do I have to take whole shaft off. Figured it shouldn’t be too bad with motor out of car lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
One bolt will do. Putting it back in can be hard sometimes, need to spread the knuckle fork a little bit first, then it goes in fine. Easy way to do it is to use a short bolt with nut on inside of the fork to spread it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If the motor is out, just unbolting the knuckle would be all that's needed. Lock the steering wheel though and try to keep the wheels from moving if its off the ground.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One bolt will do. Putting it back in can be hard sometimes, need to spread the knuckle fork a little bit first, then it goes in fine. Easy way to do it is to use a short bolt with nut on inside of the fork to spread it.
thank you sir.
Alright guys my motor is out of my car as I am swapping a 408 in it. For my header install I am pretty sure I just need to remove the knuckle or steering shaft or just the knuckle I’m not too sure. On the knuckle can I just unbolt the 1 bolt on bottom and will it come out or do I have to take whole shaft off. Figured it shouldn’t be too bad with motor out of car lol
If the motor is out, just unbolting the knuckle would be all that's needed. Lock the steering wheel though and try to keep the wheels from moving if its off the ground.
will be doing this tonight. Thank you guys for replying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It amazes me even with damn motor out how hard for headers to fit in.. I had to cut shield bolts on the side for headers to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts