LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as a few of you might have seen, I am looking ahead to spring and thinking of doing som JBA shorties. Has anyone done their own header install? Also, would anyone be willing to do mine/help me out for cash and/or beer? :) Just trying to make some plans. I appreciate the help!

Brett

·
IX HANDZ
308 Posts
I'll give ya a hand if ya need it....I have done 3 or 4 LS1 Camaro Longtube installs and 2 LT1 Header installs so I have the basic knowledge..... :cool: Shorties on a LS1 are a cinch from what I have heard.....just let me know when it gets closer....oh yeah I work for free :)

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
go long tubes, you will regret getting not buying them.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I'm with GMH on this one. LT's are the way to go, shorties will do little more than change the sound. After hearing CMNT's car last night, I would recomend going with the Randomtech 3 inch cats as well.. My next 400-500$ is going to cats..

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
WHAT!?!?! CATS!?!?!?!?! do my eyes decieve me? no wait.... is see it "My Next 400-500$ is going to cats" what ever happened to "well when i was a kid, there were no such thing as cats" or " its not a real car with cats" HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but seriously though, lanes car sounded reat with them, and i had to give you a little bit of a hard time there pj for that one! take it easy,
Steve

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Yea.. I know.. I was driving this afternoon and thinking the same thing.. Ahh the smell of gas. Maybe I'll wait until I need a cat-back and hold out until then.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Meow, meow!

Plus I don't smell like I just bathed in 93 octane like I did without the cats.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Back home 93 octane was used as aftershave.....

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I find it as a repellent so I don't like wearing it anymore.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
You finally got some cats?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yes. It made all the difference I needed.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
So I'm guessing...
A. It toned down the sound sufficiently?
B. You're gonna stay with the SLP resonators?
C. She'll get in the car now? :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
A) YES! It took the raspy, cackly, crackle out of it
B) As long as C works, I'll leave it. She's been out of town this weekend, so she hasn't had a chance to "test" it yet. I think it made a heII of a lot of difference.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Wes got some sound clips of me pulling away yesterday. Perhaps he could post them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts