LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight is shed off when you go from stock headers and mid pipes to Kooks LTs and catted mid pipes?

Also what is the difference in weight in the 04 VS 05/06 stock catback if any.

The reason I ask is because I have kooks headers and catted mid pipes and I just bought the new 05/06 Borla for my 05 exhaust conversion and they claim it to be 25Lbs lighter than the stock 05/06 and I would like to think that I am going to be shedding the same as I have not recieved the exhaust yet. I figure with just adding the kooks headers and mid pipes with the borla you can shed at least 40 lbs thats pretty damn good for just exhaust.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
don't know about the other weights but i lost only 22# going from stock to just SLP headers and race pipes

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
22Lbs is 22Lbs, pair that with light weight skid guard remove Y brace and trunk brace and your close to 60 lbs with no major changes. Then if the catback knocks off 20 lbs that puts it right at 80 lbs WOW.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i had 5# cut out of the skid plate. better engine bay ventilation too

·
Registered
235 Posts
According to UPS, my Kooks 1 7/8 with catted midpipes weighs 46lbs. Also according to UPS, my Magnaflow exhaust weighs 60lbs. I'm not sure how accurate those are.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just went out and weighed all of the stock exhaust components (manifolds all the way back to the tips). It weighed 133lbs. So, until someone can get a more accurate weight for the Kooks, catted midpipes, and catback (Magnaflow or Borla), I'll say I shaved 27lbs based on UPS's weights.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I will have to say. My 05' catback was a little heavier than my stock 04' cat back. My 05' Corsa was much less than the stock 05'. My Kooks headers, and off road pipes are much less than the stock manifolds, and cats. I thing the stock manifolds themselves weigh more then the whole headers, and midpipe setup. Never weighed them though.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
WOW! I did not see that comming.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
just thought about this. Was that with the sport or touring Corsa systems?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Black Devil said:
just thought about this. Was that with the sport or touring Corsa systems?
He said Touring in the post. That makes sense since it has four mufflers IIRC.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I should have looked better. My bad. I have the sport system. that is why mine weighed less.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wow great info guys. When my 05 Borla gets here I will weigh it and then when I have my stock 2004 exhuast off I will weigh it and see the difference. I also have my stock 2004 manifolds and mid pipes so I will weigh them when I get a chance I did a search and found some one that weighed the stock 05 manifolds and mid pipes VS Kooks coated headers and off road pipes and the difference was 60.5 Lbs for the stocker 05 exhaust manifolds and 37.5 Lbs for the Kooks which is about a 23 Lb difference with catted pipes it would proable be more like a 18 Lb difference.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
The touring has two resonators. They, combined with the X pipe are going to weight more than the Sprot system. As the sport system only has the X pipe.

This is my Corsa sport.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got by 2005 Borla exhaust in today and i weighed it, it weighs 40.5 lbs on my scale. When i get my stocker 04 exhaust off I will see how much weight I saved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts