LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a little help, I'm about to order the pacesetters headers for my 04 GTO, and wanted to ask if anyone here in the SF Bay Area know any good shop that will install them and make the pipes needed to install to exhaust?

Any idea how much it will cost me to install?

Maybe a fellow member can help me? ( pizza & beer provided? )

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Be Careful
You live in CA and your emission laws are a lot more strict. They don't allow for Long Tube headers, (which I believe they are). That being the case, you will most likely not find any shop to install them.

The only ones that are legal in CA are the JBA shorties.

If you can find someone to install the Pacesetters for you, $250-$300 is fair.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
Be Careful
You live in CA and your emission laws are a lot more strict. They don't allow for Long Tube headers, (which I believe they are). That being the case, you will most likely not find any shop to install them.

The only ones that are legal in CA are the JBA shorties.

If you can find someone to install the Pacesetters for you, $250-$300 is fair.

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry, just found it amusing.

Take it to any of the LSx shops in the bay, they can and will do it for you. It all depends where you are, who you trust, and how much you want to spend. I say just jack that car up drop the rack and do it yourself, if you mechanically inclined. There are plenty of people that would be more than happy to help you if you ask. Remember you always have AZPS west on the Pennisula.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
Thanks for the laugh. Sorry, just found it amusing.

Take it to any of the LSx shops in the bay, they can and will do it for you. It all depends where you are, who you trust, and how much you want to spend. I say just jack that car up drop the rack and do it yourself, if you mechanically inclined. There are plenty of people that would be more than happy to help you if you ask. Remember you always have AZPS west on the Pennisula.
Just making sure people know, money and freinds can get you around a lot of things

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
Just making sure people know, money and freinds can get you around a lot of things

Believe me, I know....I know.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
svc707 said:
how did you like the valve springs compressor tool

Worked like a charm thank you very much. Took a few springs to get used to how it worked, but did the job and I couldn't complain.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
svc707 said:
sometimes its good to have things that work even though its not the greatest :drink:
What clutch did you finally go with? Any word on when the tune's gonna be wrapped up? :ftw:

·
Registered
22 Posts
textralia exo... cant finish tune till the clutch is in and broken in but i will say. Even with a partial tune it pulls a hell of alot more even cruising. doesnt bog under boost anymore either.

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
There are plenty of people that would be more than happy to help you if you ask.
Don't tempt me, I have parts coming in next week. :turbonaug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts