LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
Longtubes are the way to go , the ls1 needs to breathe. I put longtubes on my 2k z28 and picked up @25rwhp and 25 rwtq. Shorties wont do that.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
ive heard from an Fbody guy that LTs are always the way to go. he told me that shorties are "ok" but they produce more torque than the LTs, but less HP. but the LTs are $300 more expensive, and a bigger pain to install.
so if and when i do get headers, it will probably end up being shorties b/c of the convenience and less $$$

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
i dunno, dyno don't lie. I would like to see dyno numbers on a stock internal with shorties on it.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
ive heard from an Fbody guy that LTs are always the way to go. he told me that shorties are "ok" but they produce more torque than the LTs, but less HP. but the LTs are $300 more expensive, and a bigger pain to install.
so if and when i do get headers, it will probably end up being shorties b/c of the convenience and less $$$
I intend to go with shorties but that's because LTs are illegal in Ca...Can't relocate the cats 'round these here parts.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Shinzon said:
i dunno, dyno don't lie. I would like to see dyno numbers on a stock internal with shorties on it.
like i said, this is what i was told by an Fbody guy, not first hand experience. but i think we both agree that LTs will yield better performance.

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
yes, but if your contact is right and shorties do yield a good tq. increase for 300 less, hey that may be good. Makes me want to see a dyno with stock intrernals with shorties even more.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I got the JBA's through Tbrne. They were 670ish shipped. They are on backorder. They will be dropshipping them direct from JBA. I got the Regular ceramic coat, not the nickel coated ones. I didn't like the look of the TI's

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
gtodoug said:
I got the JBA's through Tbrne. They were 670ish shipped. They are on backorder. They will be dropshipping them direct from JBA. I got the Regular ceramic coat, not the nickel coated ones. I didn't like the look of the TI's
I want to get the Ti ones because my baby is not meant for car shows, she's meant for POWER oh yeah!!

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I had JBA shorties on my silverado and I dont' think they did much. Long tubes are the only way to go.

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
JBA Headers

I had JBA ceramic headers on my 350 Tahoe...sounded great with lots of low end torque!

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Kooks Stainless Long Tubes. Best Headers for the GTO

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I didn't know Kooks had GTO headers out yet.
As far as the original question of LT vs ST - it's all a matter of cats. If you need them in the original placement - ST's are the only way to go. If you don't, LT's are probably the only way to go.
Dan

·
Try Me
85 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
I didn't know Kooks had GTO headers out yet.
As far as the original question of LT vs ST - it's all a matter of cats. If you need them in the original placement - ST's are the only way to go. If you don't, LT's are probably the only way to go.
Dan
I've spoken with a Kooks dealer and they would just need my car{When i buy the damn GTO that is} to fab me a set.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
Other way around. L.T.'s generally produce stronger torque numbers throughout the rpm range, help increase HP too, but for maximum HP gain, shorties are the best way (however on the other side of the coin, they don't gain as much torque throughout the rpm range). This is due to the decreased distance from combustion chamber to open atomsphere. The quiicker you can expel it and get the next batch in, the more HP you're capable of generating.

Both will be louder as either are single walled stainless steel and the shorties will most likely be easier to install than the L.T.'s on our particular car. Remember, the steering rack needs to be dropped for teh driver side.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Is Kooks local to you NBS4?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.