LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1 of 1031
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i gotta say this mod looks awesome on my car.i bought the hid blue kit for headlights and fogs.they went on very easy within 30 mins total.my lights are clearer then before and it looks so much better.ill take pics when i get a chance

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
I had been considering this myself, but I was not sure how the HID Blue Kit would look on a PBM GTO. Even though you are not driving a PBM GTO, I am interested to see how the kit looks. A lot of times, with a mod like this, people want to post pics at night with the headlights on. That is cool, but I would certainly like to see what they look like during the day too <hint hint>. How was the fitment? I recently saw pictures of another install and there was about 1/4" on the top of the headlights that was not covered by the headlight armor.

-K

·
1,401 Posts
04GoatInMass said:
the install looks really good.im no pro and it came out awesome.ill take pics when i get a chance during the day so you can see.there is one with a pbm with hid on it .its on ls1.com im sure i can post the link for you and not get a smackin.http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29628.this car inspired me to get the kit
Thanks for the information. I do like the looks of the HID Blue Headlight Armor on the PBM GTO.

What is your impression of the headlight beam while driving the car at night? That is, is there any change in the brightness or intensity? I have a hard enough time seeing at night. I would not want to adversely impact my visibility by doing the mod.

-K

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
Damn... I may have to get the blue headlight armor now. It actually looks a lot different then I thought it would. Though I wonder if it would make my HID's purple... which I'm not into.

·
1,401 Posts
Unknown said:
Damn... I may have to get the blue headlight armor now. It actually looks a lot different then I thought it would. Though I wonder if it would make my HID's purple... which I'm not into.
Decisions...decisions. I would be curious to know what the blue would look like on your car, but I know that I like the smoked ones you currently have installed.

-K

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
DeepBlueZ said:
for what it's worth, HID users might want to look into a set of yellow overlays for the fogs.

the HID low beams make the stock fogs look like CRAP in comparison. The yellow tint differentiates the two and actually looks really classy in my opinion. Best of all, you don't have to mess with hotter wattage bulbs which could very well haze lenses and/or melt wires.

I'm loving the way mine came out. Something a little unique. :)
This is why I put HID's in the low and fogs... of course only one fog is working due to a ballast not working. I need to get a new one, one of these days.

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
whats the diff in Headlight armor and laimin-x?

Does the blue reduce out put in anyway? I actually want BRIGHTER bulbs for my lows. Id like to find some increased watacge ones or something but I dont ahve the money for HID.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts