LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how bright are the headlights and driving lights?
would you consider upgrading to HIDs? or upgrading the driving lights to blazertechs (or something comparable)?

IMO GM's have a tendency to have crappy lights (except the corvette)

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
The headlights work for me after I raised them three full turns. And I live in the country. In fact they worked good enough for me to see the deer crossing the road ahead of me the other morning on the way to work.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Check this other thread...

gtodriver7 said:
how bright are the headlights and driving lights?
would you consider upgrading to HIDs? or upgrading the driving lights to blazertechs (or something comparable)?

IMO GM's have a tendency to have crappy lights (except the corvette)
...for more headlight info.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692

Diggs

P.S. BTW, there is another thread about adjusting the aim of the headlights and the driving lights (too lazy to search right now) since it seems they are almost all aimed too low from the dealers.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Headlights and Fog Lights

I put mine on the headlight board at the Dealer's. As said, 3 turns up was perfect for the headlights. One to one and a half seemed right to me for the fog lamps. I think Art Joseph Jr. (the dealer) came up with the whyfor on this issue. He mulled it over, walked over and picked up a set of the shipping spacers for the springs, and pronounced that they must have set them up at the factory with the shipping spacers in. We chewed on that a bit and looked at it. I think he hit the nail right on the head!

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
low beam is most likely 35 watts
high beam is most likely 55-65 watts

9040 driving light bulb is 40 watts

And as I said in the linked thread, I replaced the 9040's with 9005's (from another vehicle) that are 60 watts.

·
3,327 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
And as I said in the linked thread, I replaced the 9040's with 9005's (from another vehicle) that are 60 watts.
No problems at all with any melting? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
HID's are the only way to go IMO. Probably the best mod I have ever done to a vehicle.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Holy four year revival!! Crap we need a celebration on this one.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
WTF? this topic was on the first page with another reply earlier....
I don't pay any attention to the dates on the earlier posts. I just paruse the open threads on the first page of each section.

·
Administrator
9,499 Posts
WTF? this topic was on the first page with another reply earlier....
I don't pay any attention to the dates on the earlier posts. I just paruse the open threads on the first page of each section.
Someone bumped the thread with a spam post which has since been deleted.

Did they have HID Kits 4 years ago????????
Yes, you had to turn a crank to make them work. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts