LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
Xpel and Clearmask brand (3M) have been phenomenal for me over the years. The 3M headlight film was on my 04 from 2005 through now, sat outside for a good part of it's life, and the headlights still looked like new the day I sold the car.

Entire front end of our old GTI and current Challenger and Charger were wrapped in Xpel. Great stuff.

·
Worthless reject member
54,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xpel and Clearmask brand (3M) have been phenomenal for me over the years. The 3M headlight film was on my 04 from 2005 through now, sat outside for a good part of it's life, and the headlights still looked like new the day I sold the car.

Entire front end of our old GTI and current Challenger and Charger were wrapped in Xpel. Great stuff.
are they both pretty similar in application technique?

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
Yes; both the same. Soapy water on the lens and adhesive, then squeegie out. GTO lenses are incredibly easy to do also.

·
GR-RRR!
8,313 Posts
Lamin-X. I have them on every car we own that has plastic headlights. I put them on the orange GTO when I got it in 2010 and the films only needed to be replaced this year. The headlights still look perfect.

·
Living the dream!
4,885 Posts
This is what I've used for the past few years: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q59T43L?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I have used headlightarmor before and love it, but I found that the cheaper vinyl I buy on Amazon does the same thing. Once every 3-4 months, I apply 303 Protectant on all exterior vinyl to keep it looking nice.

When applying, I use a spray bottle of 25% rubbing alcohol and 75% distilled water. I spray the headlights or tail lights with the solution, apply the vinyl, then spray the outside of the vinyl again with solution to help the squeegee easily glide across to any remove air bubbles. Once I get to corners or uneven surfaces, I use a heat gun to help relax the vinyl so I can stretch and re-squeegee.
The only issue with that vinyl is that it has a slight orange peel texture to it, but soon disappears after a few days in the sun.

·
I love my GTO
359 Posts
Xpel is what I have on my new headlights

·
Freedom Fighter
898 Posts
I put lamin-x on the GTO headlights last year. I got tired of restoring the yellowing year after year and didn't want to spend a grand on new headlights. So far so good.

Reactions: maradamx3

·
Freedom Fighter
898 Posts
They have some that are pre cut for our headlights?
Lamin-x and headlight armor absolutely do. I am not sure about the other brands @SkiPopeye36 mentioned.

I went with lamin-x because it was a pretty good deal with some good discounts and I figured I would give them a whirl. Decent reviews too. I'll probably try them on my other cars next. I put them on the GTO's headlights and fogs. I went with blue and I think it looks pretty cool

·
Freedom Fighter
898 Posts
Car Vehicle Grille Blue Tire

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts

·
Freedom Fighter
898 Posts

·
Freedom Fighter
898 Posts
Here use my link. You will get 15% off and it will give me a 15% off code too when you purchase. I have to buy some too anyway for my other cars, so it will help me. Looks like you get free shipping right now two if you buy 2 kits.

I appreciate whoever used my link to purchase. It notified me and will give me the discount too. Thanks!

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
12,677 Posts
I polished mine and put the same polymer polish (adams, tropicare, optimum products) on mine. never had issues

still do the same on all my cars now. but I use meguiars sealant. yes I clay them with the paint, and yes I did for the first pass do a minor polish. IE a one pass with buffer and small disk - with the finest polish I use on the paint)

easy peasy. no extra cost.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Running the headlight armors myself. They were a bitch to get perfect but I like how thick the film is.

Reactions: Glynn and OweGto
1 - 20 of 20 Posts