LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to take the driver side headlight out? not just the bulb the whole thing.

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Anyone know how to take the driver side headlight out? not just the bulb the whole thing.

thanks

I have some marks behind one of my headlight glasss. New one on order. My dealer also confirmed that the front bumper needs to be removed. There is a bolt on each of the headlights towards the front grills. If you look good you can see them.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Fascia removal isn't all that difficult. It's detailed in one of the autoX grille threads. The jist of it is, you have to take the three bolts out uinder the hood in front of the radiator cover, and the two outside screws in each wheel well (the ones that are connected to the fascia). There are clips up at the corner of the fascia right by the seams with the fender panel (got to see these yesterday on a removed fascia) and they are really easy to break (this particular fascia, they were broken lol). I guess you have to pull outward and toward the front very slowly to keep from breaking the clips. Then you have full access to the headlights at that point.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Headlamp Replacement
Removal Procedure
Raise the hood.
Remove the front bumper fascia assembly. Refer to Fascia Replacement - Front Bumper in Bumpers.
Remove the upper radiator shroud. Refer to Fan Shroud Replacement in Engine Cooling.
If removing the right hand headlamp assembly, it may be necessary to remove the battery to gain access. Refer to Battery Replacement in Engine Electrical.

Disconnect the turn signal wire harness connector (1) and the headlamp wiring harness connector (4).
Remove the 3 headlamp retaining bolts (2) .
Remove the headlamp assembly (5) from the vehicle (3).
Remove the high beam bulb from the headlamp assembly, if necessary. Refer to Headlamp Bulb Replacement .
Remove the low beam bulb from the headlamp assembly, if necessary. Refer to Headlamp Bulb Replacement .
Remove the park/turn signal lamp bulb from the headlamp assembly, if necessary. Refer to Park/Turn Signal Lamp Bulb Replacement .

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeez thanks........there quick goes the easy removal at the track to get a straight shot of air into the induction

1 - 5 of 5 Posts