LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1310 Posts

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HeadlightArmor Smoked & Tinted Headlight, Fog Light & Taillight Covers - from $17.95!

Hello from the folks at HeadlightArmor.com! We are a brand new LS1GTO / LS2GTO Sponsor, but not entirely new to the GTO. We are a direct manufacturer of high quality lighting protection and dress up kits. Smoking your taillights and adding color to your headlights is wildly popular these days and we would like to think we have helped that trend along by supplying a number of well know vendors servicing other makes. We will strive to directly provide the GTO Community with the highest quality kits, first-rate customer service and of course highly competitive prices!

With this increase in popularity the market has seen a number of new players. Most offer kits made from 2-3mil sign vinyl of varying grades - brand names Oracal, Avery, Imation, and others. Sign vinyl is great for signs, but for protecting your headlights, not the greatest solution. Transparent sign vinyl - (designed for the use in illuminated signs) - is designed to be applied to the INSIDE of the sign and thus protected from the elements. They are not designed to offer the substrate (the sign or your headlight) much of anything in terms of impact protection. Additionally, some of the other materials being used are ‘seven year vinyl’ when used with an UV over-laminate (which of course is not used in the kits we tested). Why is it being used? Cost

As most headlights these days are made from a tough polycarbonate you may wonder if protecting them is really necessary. Polycarbonate is quite resistant to shattering it is very susceptible to pitting. Left unprotected it will slowly turn to a milky opaque sea glass texture. Think of all the older vehicles you see in the parking lots with headlights that look frosted… Adding a tough layer of protection will keep your headlights looking fresh and save money in the long run!
We use a tough high performance adhesive backed vinyl that is designed to protect the lens first and foremost. Our clear /colored / tinted line is manufactured from 15mil thick material for maximum protection and a long service life. Granted we are not talking about magic deflector shields and if you hit something big enough, going fast enough you run the risk of putting a hole in your headlight – no matter what you have covering it!

The application is pretty straightforward – we have some tutorials on our site and we will be adding more in the near future! HERE is the DIY Tutorial for our Headlight Protection Kit. The tutorial shows the application of our HID Blue kit, and the same process is used on all the other colors as well as the clear. There is no need to remove the lights from the vehicle (that actually makes is harder) and post install you can drive the vehicle right away. We just as that you not wash the vehicle for 3 days.

Please take a look at our site, www.headlightarmor.com and feel free to ask us any questions you may have! We have a FAQ section HERE and a page on some tint testing we did HERE. We look forward to serving you!

Greg

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And because we know a few photos are were its at here is the eye-candy!

All of our kits can be pretty hard to photograph once they are installed. Depending on the lighting conditions, vehicle color and tint if any in the covers, and the combination of our camera and your monitor settings each photo can look slightly different – even on the same car. Here is what the 04-05 GTO looks like – Standard Smoke Taillights. (If you are looking for a darker look we also have Dark Stealth Smoke - photos on a GTO to follow)

For the headlights the most popular offering is our HID Blue, which actually makes the headlights look whiter! (we should have night shots up shortly of all the headlights).

We also have a Classic Clear

A GT Racing Yellow

And Smoke

HERE is the step by step DIY Tutorial for the headlights. We are working on the DIY Tutorial for the tails and will update once it is loaded.

Greg

·
formerly Farsighted770
1,692 Posts
i have a set of these tails on my 04... love em! need to do the 06 soon. bump for a great product :D

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Planned Headlight Armor Site Down Time This Evening

We are going to be doing a site upgrade to the shopping cart software this evening from 12:00am ET through 3:00am ET. During the update, you may experience a minimal amount of downtime. Sorry for any inconvenience.

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NEW INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY SHIPPING OPTION!

NEW INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY SHIPPING OPTION!
We are happy to announce the addition of Flat Rate International Economy Shipping as an option with most Headlight Armor orders. Select this shipping method when checking out and you will save some money and receive your order in 10-14 business. Your order will be shipped insured, but a tracking number will not be available. Choose Priority or Express for all time sensitive orders.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Have the HID blues on my G8. Love em!

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holiday Hours: Next week our production will be closed Wednesday - Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday. Orders received while production is closed will ship Monday the 28th -Wednesday the 30th.

We will be available via PM or email during the Holiday weekend if you have any questions about the products.

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We don't have an application for the side markers. I know some ls1gto members have done some custom fitting of the fog light kit to the front bumper reflectors - some with good results, some couldn't make it work to their liking. We looked at offering an application for them but given the domed shape of the lens were not happy with how they would need to work.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
hid blue for my side markers

will you make me 2 pcs in hid blue for my clear side marker lights so the will match my headlights and fog lights?

·
Vendor
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installing HeadlightArmor Lighting Protection Kits in the Cold

In the 30's and raining this weekend in Texas, so I thought I would revisit a few items for those of you doing lighting protection kit installs when it is cool / cold out. While the material is easier to use when it is warmer out you can do a successful install when it is cold out. For best results, install them when you get them, don't wait months before installing.

In a garage is really a good idea, as well as a space heater if possible if it is snowing out . Enlist the assistance of a friend and it will go quicker. You need to keep the film warm - using a hair dryer - an industrial heat gun is not necessary though you can use one on low if careful. Have the friend keep the film warm while you are applying and squeegeeing. Especially the case when compressing fingers along the perimeter of the kits.

Wrapping the squeegee with a suede detail towel will help too. As the material is going to be stiffer in the cold, just like you, you need to use more pressure on the squeegee. Hot water in you spray bottle is a good idea too. When done with your install be sure to go over the perimeter for a few minutes with the hair dryer to make sure the edges are full sealed. Any material hanging off should be trimmed flush.

Good luck with your installs and let us know if you have any questions about the above pointers.

·
Registered Asshole
4,918 Posts
And Smoke

That car looks familiar:)

1 - 20 of 1310 Posts