LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with their headliners in their car falling down. I have an 05 and it is falling down in the back seat.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
i heard that to put in a sun roof you got to cut throguh some supports or something that hold the boyd together?

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,497 Posts
Warranty issue, imo.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
And I was just looking at mine today and thinking how nice and form fitting it was. I can't imagine only the back coming down, it looks like it's a foam liner and in one piece. Did it bend? Can you post a picture? Thanks....

ROK

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
i didn't even know it was a liner. i also thought it was one solid peice or something. never heard of twead coming off. please post pics

·
Look at me.
2,833 Posts
Need pics to diagnose - After looking at our headliner I dont see how it could fall, it doesn't seem to be the same as the paper-thin fabric ones of the old days that would dry out and droop.

Regardless, I would say this is a warranty issue.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
edved37 said:
Has anyone had problems with their headliners in their car falling down. I have an 05 and it is falling down in the back seat.
if you are talking about all the way back to the window i know what it is there are 3 clips that hook in to the roof just cheap plastic then they have like a velcro type of stuff that hook to the head liner backing just need to put that part back together its not that bad i have had mine out and wraped in seude looks great now

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Pic

·
Registered
126 Posts
t tops would be badass. mine is drooping above the driver seat. the previous owner was a heavy smoker and i think cruising down the highway at 80 with the windows down didnt help. i just got some spray adhesive and im gonna try to fix it myself. ill let yall know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
You guys that have the headliner falling, are you smoking in the car?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the same problem with my headliner. I don't smoke and I've never let anyone smoke in my car. Of course, now I have an excuse to put in an alcantara headliner. :turbonaug

·
Registered
126 Posts
where can i find alcantara headliner and how much do they cost? ive never seen them and it may be worth it to just buy a new one rather than repairing this one

·
Registered
126 Posts
so i tried to fix it with spray adhesive and it didnt work too well. it will work for now i guess but as soon as i can im going to get a different one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm having the same issue as the OP with the drooping in the back. It's the rear center section that's unattached. I haven't addressed it yet because I'm too busy with power mods but I'm very interested in a possible DIY solution.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i think the spray adhesive would work for DIY if i took the whole thing out of the car and sprayed it instead of just trying to spray the problem areas

1 - 20 of 61 Posts