LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running the gm decked z06 heads and and gm cam same stuff rhys millen is running in his drift gto i want to do a all motor car and curous of there gains compared to aftermarket

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
RMR is running GMPP CNC ported Z06 heads they go for about $2,000 a set for cheaper you could get patriot heads.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Know That But I Work For A Chevy Delaer I Can Get The Heads For 1200 And The Cam For 540

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
wheelburns said:
I Know That But I Work For A Chevy Delaer I Can Get The Heads For 1200 And The Cam For 540
Count me in for that deal!!! Are these the same as the SLP heads/cam 500 hp kit?

Doc

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
$540 for a cam????? Thats a ripoff

and are those heads comeplete with springs/valves?

And I'm sorry GM and RMR ...but those parts do not make the power that is advertised. The GM LS1 hotcam is one of the biggest peices of **** out there.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'd say go with the SLP heads kit. As soon as I'm done with my LT's I"ll be around 425-430 which is their advertised 500hp. I don't know what cam you'd go with after that though. I would have gone slightly bigger if I had to do it again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are the same part numbers that rmr has posted on the gtodrift site i had the parts guy run them i thought 540 for the cam was high 2 but it comes with lifters and the heads are complete i dont know what i wanna do but i want a all motor beast im thinkin of maybe pickin up a ls1 and buildin it to the hilt but rmr claims 490hp with the gm heads part #s 88958665 and cam #12480110 i talked to a guy there and he said thats all thats done to it is those parts im kinda skeptical of 140 hp from heads and a cam and he said they used stock injectors i think he wanted to blow me off but any info will help at this point i want a all motor running 11's

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
AFR 225cc heads are due out soon. Big cam paired with 225 heads is estimated to make 500rwhp (bolt ons and headers are needed too.) But the AFR 205cc are getting alot of attention, what can't you like about them?

I dont' think RMR is running a hot cam, could have swore they are a running a '02- LS6 cam.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Big cam dont mean jack really. 225 heads would be too big on a stock motor. I'd only put them on a 382C.I. motor and bigger. The AFR heads have not really been throwing down crazy numbers. Airflow on a 346 N/A motor doent mean much if there is not enough velocity. On a Forced Induction setup or huge motor the airflow is needed.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im just going by the gtodrift site my car sits stock now and i just dont know about the ls1 aftermarket im reading everything i can and getting everything i can this is going to be my first injected performance car so thanks for everyones inputs

i liked the idea of the gmhpp because i can install them mysefl at my work and they still be covered under warrenty

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
wheelburns said:
Sure you wern't looking up regular RPO LS6 heads? Talked to the chevy parts guy I know told him the part numbers.
88958622 GMPP CNC ported $930 each (good guys price) This is the head run by RMR.
88958665 same head as above but 62cc chambers
12564824 RPO LS6 head $680 each my price.

RMR has estimated the engine in their GTO is making 470hp (flywheel) which for ported heads and headers on an LS6 sounds reasonable.

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
FYI the GMPP heads are ported by LPE. What I don't like is that they break through the top of the casting while porting and weld them back up. Do a search on the corvette forums, this has been discussed quite a bit over there. When it's time for heads/cam on mine, I'll be using a Cartek setup. They have seen over 500 RWHP from h/c with a stock bottom end and hold the heads/cam record in a Z06([email protected]+). The aforementioned car belongs to a forum member here who just picked up an IBM 04 GTO(BrentEB02).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had my guy run the part numbers and thats what he gave me for prices i get it atr cost so that might be the difference and yes i was aware of the fact they weld the ead back together sounds kind sketchy but lingenfelter is a name u can trust and ill hit up a vette forum or 2 thanks

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
If they do the job right, the welds will be stronger than the heads themselves. If you wanted to be sure, you could always have them magnafluxed when you get them to check for cracks or pores.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok but still is anyone running those parts that was my origonal question and if so how they work . . . . .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts