LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local dyno day and managed 376 WHP with my TVS2300 LS1 and full exhaust.

Car saw just a touch over 5 PSI which makes sense given the altitude (3600ft, 12.7 psi atmo) - My question is, could I drop to a 3" pulley from the 3.2" on the stock maggie kit and basically just be at what you sea level guys see? Still on the stock MAF.

Unrelated my tuner gave me a dyno graph of 448WHP when the car was tuned, another guy there had a "620WHP" Z06 that made 510 both from the same shop. A stock 2nd gen viper made 368 to the tire 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too worried about the numbers, a stock 5th gen Camaro SS made 290.

I'm thinking I should be able to relatively safely drop down a pulley size though to compensate for the altitude?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Candidly asking, because I dont know any better - Is this normal for a 5.7 with a TVS2300? I'm only at 600' above sea level and would expect pretty huge gains to come from a pretty huge price tag.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I'm not too worried about the numbers, a stock 5th gen Camaro SS made 290.

I'm thinking I should be able to relatively safely drop down a pulley size though to compensate for the altitude?
That all depends on your tune

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
475 Posts
I always read that the TVS cars don’t dyno big peak numbers but get a nice under the curve graph. The procharger cars get big peak numbers since the boost just keeps climbing to redline.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the TVS2300 is capable of pushing more air than the engine could handle, so I'm not really faulting that. Ill probably go down to a 3" from the 3.2" so that I'm closer to the 7PSI boost that the 3.2" would make at sea level.

For reference, the MAP reads 87 KPa with the engine off here.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Mine read 95kpa today ~900ft above sea level.

Baro reports said 30inhg which should have been more though. I went to a 2 bar sensor though. Didnt compare the factory sensor. Seems reasonable to what i remember though

·
Registered
121 Posts
Went to a local dyno day and managed 376 WHP with my TVS2300 LS1 and full exhaust.

Car saw just a touch over 5 PSI which makes sense given the altitude (3600ft, 12.7 psi atmo) - My question is, could I drop to a 3" pulley from the 3.2" on the stock maggie kit and basically just be at what you sea level guys see? Still on the stock MAF.

Unrelated my tuner gave me a dyno graph of 448WHP when the car was tuned, another guy there had a "620WHP" Z06 that made 510 both from the same shop. A stock 2nd gen viper made 368 to the tire 🤷‍♂️
You can do a 3 inch pully with no problems, probably even go to a 2.9 on that model TVS. I'm on an old MP122 on my LS1 with a 3 inch front, one to one rears at 10lbs, at 466ft, and make 505RWHP. You're good to go.

Reactions: BroPeep
1 - 9 of 9 Posts