LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dan G. & Son!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I there. My name's Dan G. I'm a moderator of NECO, the '99-'02 Cougar forums. My Cougar has had several different engines in it, the latest of which pushed past the 400fwhp mark with the help of the T3/4 60 trim .82A/R turbo. But it was front drive. I couldn't get that power to the ground. I guess I had RWD envy.

I have been staring at the GTO since '04, and tonight, I finally succumbed. Took delivery of a brand new '06 CGM M6 with 18" rims. He's absolutely GORGEOUS... It still hasn't quite sunk in...

Thought I'd post a few pictures and introduce myself. :patriot:

Hope to see you folks around at a meet sometime!

·
Dan G. & Son!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some pics of the Cougar, too- Bought it new in '99, been several incarnations of it since...

Pics at the latest Autocross at FedEx field (please excuse the camera phone):

Turbo 3.0L Duratec Engine (large aluminum thing is the liquid intercooler, turbo beneath):

·
2 Wheels to Drag, 4 to Drift
234 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEET CAR, hey is that from the 355 King pontiac up here in gaithersburg/rockville? love the color!

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Welcome :thumbs:

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
Dan G,

Welcome aboard. I hope We do get a chance to see You and the car one day. Dont be a stranger to our meet's or event's.

Pat,

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome and congrats on picking the fastest color for your GTO. Now, add a Magnuson supercharger, wider rear tires, and stir. Recipe for excitement that will make you think Cougars are ***** cats. DT

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice, were you up at a house that does daycare on rt 27 right by Brink Rd a couple days ago? I saw a car just like it in their driveway. They've got a Bonnie GXP and a Red 04 Goat...so when I saw it I figured they traded in the 04 for an 06. Guess it could have been you though.

·
Dan G. & Son!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm reception, folks... I'm still a bit googly-eyed about the purchase... Of course, I couldn't drive it today because of the rain! :cry:

The story of the car- I bought it from Koons Manassas. They didnt' have a CGM M6, so they got one from King Pontiac in Gaithersburg. I'm familiar with that dealer because they have a good relationship with the Grand Prix club, which my buddy is a member (and also owns an LS6 CTS-V). Koons was really cool about the transfer- I expressed reservations about having the car driven down from G'burg by someone else, so they asked if I wanted to accompany the salesman to King and drive it back myself! I of course agreed.
What a test drive!

I live in Gainesville, off I-66 and Rt. 29.

And hey- My Cougar is no slouch- It was just time to "graduate" to an RWD platform. And I've been drooling over the Monaro (oops... GTO :) ) since they brought it here in '04. First impressions? Damn, those Aussies know how to build a car! :gr_devil:

As for the Maggie... I want to keep my testicles, thanks... It was enough just trying to convince the wife to agree to the purchase... If I touch that car I lose my nutz! (CAGS eliminator non-withstanding, of course!!! :secret: )

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congrats man....you picked the best color by the way. Some say the black or red is the fastest, but the CGM is definiately the sexiest so the ladies say, and that counts for 100 RWHP in my book :turbonaug

·
Missin' the Goat
625 Posts
Welcome, and I'd have to agree about the color. You picked the best one, not that I'm biased or anything, hehe. Looking forward to seeing you at one of the get togethers.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts